Collect Project Items in 2015r3

The whole Beta phase I have overlooked this new command, have just read it in the newsletter. This is one I’ve missed for a long time. Just want so say “thank you so much”!

Why collect project items copy all pictures from different folders into the folder Pictures and xojo code into Code and it doesn’t use the hierarchically structure on the original location or the hierarchically structure from the IDE?

I think it is a great feature. Except it removes the original files too.
It should be much better if the original files are kept too.

I have tested this with 2015R3 and Window 7. All files (Xojo and picture files) are copied to the new location. I will test this on my Mac later today.

[quote=222494:@Christoph De Vocht]I think it is a great feature. Except it removes the original files too.
It should be much better if the original files are kept too.[/quote]

Copied or Moved?
I can’t tell between the mixed results posts.

All pictures are copied into folder “Pictures”
All Xojo files (*.xojo_code) are copied into folder “Code”
No move of any file. This is good, because I use many icon pictures and Xojo files in different projects.

[quote=222494:@Christoph De Vocht]I think it is a great feature. Except it removes the original files too.
It does not touch the original files. Instead of this it copies all code files to the Code folder, images and other externals and changes all links in the project to point to the copied files. You can then move the whole project folder to another machine and compile. That’s awesome!
Because Xojo does not use the file systems folder structure (like Xcode) it’s not an issue that the Code folder has no structure.

I just gave this a try. It seems if you have a xojo_project (text format) which includes xoxo_binary_code items (3rd party encrypted) they are copied into the code folder although they already exist in the project folder or sub folders. Is this by design?

To be honest, I didn’t test it with the release version but in the beta cycle it moved some files for sure
Good it now only copies the files :slight_smile:

We only copy files so there should be no way it moves / removes any originals
If you’re seeing originals get removed then there’s a HUGE bug
It DOES rewrite the project to refer to the local items

[quote=222532:@Christoph De Vocht]To be honest, I didn’t test it with the release version but in the beta cycle it moved some files for sure
Good it now only copies the files :)[/quote]
Nope
It NEVER used MOVE files

File a bug report so it doesn’t slip through the cracks ?

On my mac they are Copied not removed from the original location.

I wrote this and I can say it has NEVER since day 1 EVER moved files