Close msgbox after X seconds

Hello! I have this code:

I have no idea about programming code, and I need to create a msgbox where there is a fixed text in the box and close automatically after 5 seconds to make way for the next msgbox (the last). I think is simple, but I can’t do it.
The code I need would be placed where it says “HERE IS THE CODE I NEED”.

Many thanks in advance.

p.s.: If anyone has any questions about the content, it is for a short film.

you can’t close the msgbox… but you can create a custom window with a built-in timer to emulate a msgbox

I figured the answer would not be simple. So, what can I do? How?

create a modal window… replace MSGBOX with mywindow.showmodal
with a timer that fires in that windows OPEN and its action is to close the window X seconds later …

[quote=70966:@Dave S]create a modal window… replace MSGBOX with mywindow.showmodal
with a timer that fires in that windows OPEN and its action is to close the window X seconds later …[/quote]

The problem is that I have no idea of the syntax or tricks or clues that exist in this type of programming.
I only know HTML and CSS, and in this case is not helpful.

I know it’s not good to ask for all done, but it urges me a little.

No offense… but it this is beyond your reach… then perhaps you might need to reconsider the scope of your overall project as it relates to your current skill set.

I wrote you a little example one. I will send you a private message so I can send it to you.

After 2 days, I’ve not received any mail.

A private message is not an email, but a direct message to you here on this forum.
You can see private messages easily when you do the following.
Go to the main page of this forum.
Click on the search field (top - right) and select private.
Press return and all available private messages will be shown.

[quote=71588:@Paul Sondervan]A private message is not an email, but a direct message to you here on this forum.
You can see private messages easily when you do the following.
Go to the main page of this forum.
Click on the search field (top - right) and select private.
Press return and all available private messages will be shown.[/quote]

Yeah, I know. But…

Can’t you post in the private conversation instead of posting here ? Don’t you understand the concept of PRIVATE ?