Clicking RUN button for running a web project in xojo, I get apache default site on IP 127.0.0.1

Clicking RUN button for running a web project in xojo (mac os x yosemite), I get apache default site on IP 127.0.0.1 instead of the site of the web project. I can manually change the browsers address to my computer’s IP 192.168.1.11:8080, then the project site is showing correctly. What can be the reason for this behavior?

Regards,
Gerrit

This is what I use:

[code]Function getIPAddressWAD() As String
Dim sock As New TCPSocket

if sock <> nil then
Return sock.LocalAddress
else
Return “127.0.0.1”
end if

End Function[/code]

The reason for that behavior is that you’re starting a second, unrelated instance of the app. Moreover, you’re creating a Debug version of the app that can talk to the debugger in the IDE. The instance already running cannot. When you change the URL in your browser, you’re switching instances. You are no longer using the debug version, you’re using the older, possibly out of date, built version of the app, which is a separate executable running in its own environment.

Bottom line: the IDE cannot communicate with an already running app, only a debug version created by pressing Run.