Check box behavior on Win 8

Using Xojo 2014 R2.1.
Our project uses a container control that contains several check boxes shown in the picture

The idea is that checking box 1 enables box 2, checking box 2 enables box3 etc…Unchecking any box disables all boxes below it.
This works fine on XP and windows 7.
On Win 8, the checkbox state does not appear to change until the window is moved although the checkbox action takes place as expected. The container control does not appear to refresh even though I specifically call the refresh method at the end of the checkbox action event…

Is there some behavior of Win 8 that has to be addressed differently from XP and Win7?

[quote=179198:@Rande Newberry]Using Xojo 2014 R2.1.
Our project uses a container control that contains several check boxes shown in the picture

The idea is that checking box 1 enables box 2, checking box 2 enables box3 etc…Unchecking any box disables all boxes below it.
This works fine on XP and windows 7.
On Win 8, the checkbox state does not appear to change until the window is moved although the checkbox action takes place as expected. The container control does not appear to refresh even though I specifically call the refresh method at the end of the checkbox action event…

Is there some behavior of Win 8 that has to be addressed differently from XP and Win7?[/quote]

You may want to invalidate the controls after enabling them.

Hi Michel,
We are invalidating the control and calling it’s parent’s (the container control it belongs to) refresh method.
What gets me is XP and 7 work just fine. Tried this on 2 different Win8 machines they fail identically.

Thanks,

[quote=179210:@Rande Newberry]Hi Michel,
We are invalidating the control and calling it’s parent’s (the container control it belongs to) refresh method.
What gets me is XP and 7 work just fine. Tried this on 2 different Win8 machines they fail identically.[/quote]

I quickly created a small project behaving as you describe. It is based on checkboxes in a control set. It works fine at enabling the next checkbox, under Win 8.1 and Win 10 Tech Preview.

It works when checkboxes are placed on the window, or on a ContainerControl.

Would you care to post such a small project based on your present code for test ?