Changing text size & printing?

Hi, I have just started using Xojo and I have a few questions about the programming and user interface and I’d be grateful for answers.

Firstly, how do I change the text size, font etc, of a Text label? I’ve worked out that I can code ‘me.TextSize=int’ but I would ideally like to see the text size as I would like it to be, when developin.
Secondly, is there a way to print to some sort of out output window?

Thanks for your help in advance.

See http://documentation.xojo.com/index.php/Label TextFont, TextSize, etc.

Thanks for the reply.
My problem is I cannot see the properties like TextFont/Size on the Inspector.

[quote=142910:@Rami Hassan]Thanks for the reply.
My problem is I cannot see the properties like TextFont/Size on the Inspector.[/quote]

Click on the gear icon on top of the inspector, and you get to a second page where these properties are. You can also change them in code with the help of the link I posted.

Ah I didn’t see the gear icon, there it was! Thank you, Michel!

Any help about the printing into an output window thing? Thanks.

[quote=142916:@Rami Hassan]Ah I didn’t see the gear icon, there it was! Thank you, Michel!

Any help about the printing into an output window thing? Thanks.[/quote]

What do you mean by “printing an output window” exactly ? Please try to give a concrete example.

I used to use Visual Basic 6 on a Windows OS and on that if I used the line, for example: ‘Print 1’, a 1 would be printed (written on the screen). It’s useful for seeing if parts of the code worked.

For example:

if then
Print “worked” 'this shows me that returned true and my if statement worked.
end

Perhaps on Xojo it’s called something completely different; I’m still very new to this.

Thanks for your help.

[quote=142944:@Rami Hassan]if then
Print “worked” 'this shows me that returned true and my if statement worked.
end[/quote]
I believe MsgBox will work fine for what you’re trying to do. You’ll find the details of usage in the Language Reference.

One of the way you can emulate VB6 Print is to use a TextArea. Place a TextArea on your window and then use

TextArea1.Text = TextArea1.Text+"Worked"+EndOfLine

Each new line will “print” under the other in the TextArea.

Otherwise, MsgBox is a really convenient for short messages.

Use System.DebugLog. The messages are written to the bottom pane of the IDE. It doesn’t pause execution or cause a focus switch.

Ah this is what I wanted! I used system.DebugLog(“Worked”) but I don’t know where the bottom pane of the IDE is?

@Michel Bujardet, that’s also useful, thanks!

@Don Lyttle, I’ll give it a go too, thanks.

Click on the third icon at the bottom of the central pane of the IDE.