Canvas drop image?

Hi,
I have just noticed that when I drop a file onto a canvas - the green circle with the plus symbol does not appear (indicating that the file can be dropped).
I am obviously missing something. Can anyone advise me on how to get the image to appear?

Thank you all in advance.

[quote=117777:@Richard Summers]Hi,
I have just noticed that when I drop a file onto a canvas - the green circle with the plus symbol does not appear (indicating that the file can be dropped).
I am obviously missing something. Can anyone advise me on how to get the image to appear?[/quote]

The answer is in https://forum.xojo.com/14202-drag-border-vs-focusring-visual-cues-and-drop-file-selected :slight_smile:

Thanks Michel.

[quote=117777:@Richard Summers]Hi,
I am obviously missing something. Can anyone advise me on how to get the image to appear?

Thank you all in advance.[/quote]
The green circle with a plus is actually meant to indicate that the file will be copied, if you drag a file in the Finder and hold down the option key you’ll see this symbol.

We had a very long discussion in https://forum.xojo.com/14202-drag-border-vs-focusring-visual-cues-and-drop-file-selected about Apple HIG which appear for once to give ample choice to developers for visual indications about the possibility to drop. The green plus CopyCursor is indeed used in Safari to indicate a file can be dropped, although it is not per se a copy, but because it is used by Apple, it has become kind of a standard. In Carbon, a grey box appeared automatically around a canvas when a user dragged a file over, a bit like the blue frame in App Wrapper. I also explored a selection shade akin to what happens in the Finder when a file is dragged over an icon where it can be dropped, with or without the CopyCursor, and even with a tooltip a bit like Windows does. I believe we have done a rather exhaustive job to cover the topic :wink:

I see - you could consider something perhaps, like what I did for Backup To Go, I show the actual item in the list when the drag is over and then make it disappear again if they drag out.

The cursor doesn’t appear in this screenshot, but it’s where the Time Machine disk icon is.