Can't install current version of Feedback on Windows 10 64bit

Hi Folks,

Is it just me, or is the installer for the current version of Feedback not working on Windows 10 64bit?

The installer seems to move forward until it tries to deal with the redistributable library and then fails with the following:

It’s a “known issue”.
Also mentioned in this Thread: Windows 10 Creators Update - Cannot install Feedback

with an answer from Xojo:

A new version of the installer was uploaded today. Please try downloading it again.

Resolved with the new build

I can’t start the Feedback out of Xojo anymore.
And wasn’t there a menu point “Switch user” in the previous versions?

Yes, there was one. On macOS it was in the Application

Also, in the Feedback Preferences, General Pane:
Screen 1Count:
Screen 1 Size (on a single Monitor 13" Retina MacBook Pro): 1680x 1050

The actual display in Pixels (@ 144 dpi) is: 3360 x 2100.

Not critical, only … surprising (only half of a surprise).

[quote=335970:@Stefan Adelsberger]I can’t start the Feedback out of Xojo anymore.
And wasn’t there a menu point “Switch user” in the previous versions?

[/quote]
Switch User has been removed because 9 times out of 10, you’d end up in a bad state, resulting in a crash shortly thereafter.

Please file a bug report about not being able to launch it from the IDE.

[quote=335974:@Emile Schwarz]Also, in the Feedback Preferences, General Pane:
Screen 1Count:
Screen 1 Size (on a single Monitor 13" Retina MacBook Pro): 1680x 1050[/quote]
It reports the display size of your screen. If you went to your display preferences, changed it to “more Pixels” and restarted Feedback, I would expect that number to go up. This stat helps us reproduce bugs which are resolution dependent.

Thanks Greg for your explanation.

My screen size is always as I report (the largest possible values).

That said, you do not take the monitor diagonal (in inch) ?

When I watch TV (using EyeTV on an external monitor, full HD, so smaller than the integrated monitor screen) and I fire GIMP, Gimp always goes to the second monitor :frowning: The only explanation I have is… GIMP scan the monitors size in inch.
BTW: the external monitor is 1,5 m away from the MacBook Pro, so the screen for my old eye is too small :frowning:

[quote=336005:@Greg O’Lone]Switch User has been removed because 9 times out of 10, you’d end up in a bad state, resulting in a crash shortly thereafter.

Please file a bug report about not being able to launch it from the IDE.[/quote]

<https://xojo.com/issue/48392>