Cannot connect to the Debugger

Today i tried to update an older project (Target OSX) and if i start to Run the project i got the message:
Cannot connect to the Debugger
Since we could not locate the target IDE to stat a debug session …

the project’s target is OS X only.

I habe no idea what’s going wrong (if Build the Project everything is fine).

Does this happen with a blank project? Could firewall be an issue? What version of OS X are you using? Does rebooting help?

No, it is a Project for an App Thats already published in the Appstore and i started to develop an Update. It was Developed with a previous version of xojo (2015r1 i guess) and i didn’t changed the environment (except updates of xojo, Xcode).

Rebooting didnt help - maybe a change in xojo causes this behaviour?

Excuse my writing, the f**** spellchecker on my german iPad makes me sick…

I’m not aware of any other reports regarding this.

It might be worth creating a new user account and trying to run Xojo from it to see if maybe a corrupted config file (or some other account-specific thing) is the cause.

Hi Paul, i found out that my Build Script was the reason.

If change the behavior from “Both” to “Release” and the Debugger starts and i’m also able to Build the App for the store.
The script was created by the App wrapper mini and i didn’t changed it! The reason was the behavior - i’m not sure if i changed it, in my memory it was always set to both (Debug and Release).

Thanks for your support ;-))

[quote=202026:@Hans-Jürgen Müller]Hi Paul, i found out that my Build Script was the reason.

If change the behavior from “Both” to “Release” and the Debugger starts and i’m also able to Build the App for the store.
The script was created by the App wrapper mini and i didn’t changed it! The reason was the behavior - i’m not sure if i changed it, in my memory it was always set to both (Debug and Release).
[/quote]

App Wrapper Mini indeed gets in the way of the run.

Incidentally, you want to get in touch with Sam Rowlands. Yosemite has broken APW, and that can be a huge issue for the MAS.

See https://forum.xojo.com/21001-upgrade-app-wrapper-mini-to-app-wrapper-3-for-only-25-usd

Thanks Michel, i will have a look at it.