Can you indentify these?

first off… Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays (or which every politically correct seasonaly greeting you prefer :slight_smile: )

Can anyone identify the two fonts in this image? I created this many years ago, and need to recreate it again (larger and retina), and wish to use the same fonts

it was done on a Mac … like 10 years ago

Solitaire is Bank Sans of some variety. https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/ef/bank-sans-caps-ef/medium/

The other is harder to identify, but I think it’s Skia. https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/cartercone/skia-cc/regular/

+1 for Bank and Skia
very good helper for this : https://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

[quote=419290:@Jean-Yves Pochez]+1 for Bank and Skia
very good helper for this : https://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/[/quote]
Exactly how I did it.

Well I agree Skia looks like the 2nd font… but I could have sworn both had been done with fonts from a standard macOS install… and BANK SANS isn’t there… so I guess I’ll need to add it…

THANKS this helps ALOT :slight_smile:

[quote=419323:@Dave S]Well I agree Skia looks like the 2nd font… but I could have sworn both had been done with fonts from a standard macOS install… and BANK SANS isn’t there… so I guess I’ll need to add it…

THANKS this helps ALOT :)[/quote]
Skia was a standard font in the Mac classic days. Bank Sans is unfamiliar to me though.

Skia I have… Bank Sans not so much

Turns out the exact font was BankGothic (very close to what you found)… so I have been able to create a bit of code that will now create that logo (almost identically) scaled to any size I need with no loss of quality

Thanks again…

[quote=419368:@Dave S]Turns out the exact font was BankGothic (very close to what you found)… so I have been able to create a bit of code that will now create that logo (almost identically) scaled to any size I need with no loss of quality

Thanks again…[/quote]
Great. If you can, a vector format like illustrator, eps, or svg will allow you to rebuild the image at literally any resolution without worrying about fonts in the future. Unfortunately Xojo doesn’t support these formats, so you’ll still need to render them to a PNG first, but the vector would serve as your archive format.

I would love SVG support in Xojo.

my actual issue is I need to render that image on iOS, but those fonts are not installed there…

So either I need to make appropriate sized PNG on my Mac, or add these fonts as part of the app

[quote=419371:@Dave S]my actual issue is I need to render that image on iOS, but those fonts are not installed there…

So either I need to make appropriate sized PNG on my Mac, or add these fonts as part of the app[/quote]
I’d just render at 1x, 2x, and 3x in PNG and call it a day.

its more than just 3 versions… its a banner and would need to be size appropriate to the device wouldn’t it?

an @3x for iPhoneX would be 3*375 but @3x for iPhoneXR would be 3x414
and for iPad the differences are much greater… one reason I was hoping to just “draw” it … one piece of code, N sizes

I’d author the image itself at 375 points wide. Then for wider content, just center the image and fill the sides with the same background color. Of course, I don’t know the design of your app, so I’m taking some liberties.

The big problem with supporting every width is that height would scale proportionally. On an iPad, that banner could easily take up most of the vertical screen space if you’re trying to match the device width.

the banner is 4:1 aspect… and will be landscape only… so on an 12.9 iPad it would be 1366x341 (about 1/3) which is good

centering a smaller image on larger devices would look strange (even if I scaled to 667 (which would be the landscape for 375))

I’m thinking it might be better to make a @2x/@3x for largest iPad (1366x341) and let the smaller iPads downscale it
and @2x/@3x for largest iPhone… not going to bother doing @1x since no such devices exist anymore (iPhoneSE was the last),
and if so, the image just wouldn’t quite be “as good”