Can I safely close Xojo without losing my work?

Hi, I’m in a bit of a pickle with my project. Can I safely close Xojo without losing my work here?

Situation:

In the treeview, all my Operator classes (OpNotEquals, OpEquals, etc) suddenly disappeared, However when I compile it looks like they must still exist because no errors appear saying ‘missing class’ or whatever.

Is there something I can so to make sure I’ve still got my code?

[quote=191369:@Alain Bailleul]Hi, I’m in a bit of a pickle with my project. Can I safely close Xojo without losing my work here?

Situation:

In the treeview, all my Operator classes (OpNotEquals, OpEquals, etc) suddenly disappeared, However when I compile it looks like they must still exist because no errors appear saying ‘missing class’ or whatever.

Is there something I can so to make sure I’ve still got my code?

[/quote]

I would try to save in all three formats available. It is also probably worth trying to copy/paste the folder to a brand new project. It is possible they will reappear there. I would also try to paste into a new project from another version of Xojo. Maybe your IDE got corrupted somehow.

I have noticed the same issue in the latest release of Xojo. Sometimes the right/down arrow disappears and you cannot open a folder in the IDE. The code is still there but you cannot access the contents unless you double click the folder and open it in a separate tab - in there are all the contents.

Simon.

thanks for the suggestion @Michel Bujardet, but I think I’m safe now, pfjew! :slight_smile:

I added a new class to the DefaultOperators folder and magically all the rest did reappear. Hope stuff like this gets fixed soon because it gave me a real scare.

Good to know @Simon Berridge!

Alternatively, just keep your computer on, and Xojo open - PERMANENTLY :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Give me 5 G’s on the Under, Louie.

What the hell does that mean???
:slight_smile:

I was wondering the same?

American slang. Fictional account of me going to a bookie and betting $5000 on Xojo staying up permanently. Betting on The “Under” means I don’t think it will happen. Betting on the “Over” means I think it would happen. In American noir films of the 40’s and 50’s the bookies always had names like “Louie” and “Vinnie”.

Just illustrating the point that leaving Xojo up permanently seems like a tough proposition.

Well, I did only say it in jest :slight_smile:

PS - Do you happen to be a 1940’s actor?
:slight_smile:

I’ll take your bets then.

That is the usual route to becoming a programmer, but in this case, no. :wink:

Oh - I was going to ask for your autograph :frowning: