can I fake a listbox separator?

Hello, earthlings. I’m using a listbox as a menu, and I was wondering if there might be some way I can fake a row separator, since listboxes have no such beast. Right now, I seem forced into using a blank row. If I have to resort to something like ----------------------------- then I’ll just stick with the blank row. BTW: I am already using RowPicture on user-selected rows, and RowPicture is too small for what I want. I’d rather not use a hierarchical listbox, as having the menu in full view is critical for this app.

I’m also thinking that no matter what I do, the “separator” row will still remain the same height as all other rows (unlike a contextmenu separator), so this idea looks dead in the water to me. ( ? )

Does anybody have any clever tricks?

Paint a line in the CellBackgrountPaint even?

Thanks, Beatrice. :slight_smile:
That will still leave me with the default row height (as expected), but if push comes to shove, it may serve.

add a border at the bottom of the cell
it will make a separator, and not consume any row height.

The Xojo listbox does not support variable row heights. But piDog’s Dataview does. Along with LOTS of other features. I originally got to be able to span rows or columns in specific cells, and for being able to freeze columns on the left. But there are so many other things I have come to appreciate now. And cells can hold a container view, which means the sky is the limit in terms of contents. It also exposes LOTS more events.

[quote=455435:@Jean-Yves Pochez]add a border at the bottom of the cell
it will make a separator, and not consume any row height.
[/quote]
Brilliant! I really didn’t expect a solution for this, let alone one so simple. Thanks a bunch!

That is sweet! Thank you for suggesting it. If only I had the cash. :frowning: