Calendar & Time Chooser Talk (2019)

Thanks Mike
Lennox

Looks very nice, Mike. Good job!

I found a few validation bugs which Ive just fixed and will commit in a bit. Thanks everyone!

Nice work. Thanks for making and releasing this. Rising tides, and boats, et al.

Little tweak for a Windows7 crash on my setup (Mac compile to w7 vm):

in TimePicker.Paint

#If not TargetWin32 g.Transparency = 50 #endif

This project looks great Mike. Well done!

Looks nice. Is there an option to change the start of the week to monday?

Nice work !

+1

And :

• 12/24 clock
  • Easy Localization

This will be perfect :slight_smile:

[quote=80373:@Tanner Lee]Nice work. Thanks for making and releasing this. Rising tides, and boats, et al.

Little tweak for a Windows7 crash on my setup (Mac compile to w7 vm):

in TimePicker.Paint

#If not TargetWin32 g.Transparency = 50 #endif[/quote]

Tanner thanks for the info. I only have regression tested this on Mac OS X, but I will regression test on my WIndows 8.1 VM this morning.

Thanks!

Beatrix the calendar logic was already done by the previous coder so to add this I will have to rewrite a few methods. Thanks for the feature idea!

[quote=80384:@Pascal PLUCHON]Nice work !

+1

And :

• 12/24 clock
  • Easy Localization

This will be perfect :)[/quote]

Thanks Pascal… :slight_smile: I even wrote in the notes that I only needed 12 hour format so thats why v1.0 doesn’t have support for 24 hours :slight_smile: That is on my list :slight_smile:

Pascal can you help me understand the localization of time? I had been thinking that since this is a Chooser and not a real clock that it is up to the user to select the time they want ie. No need for GMT offsets and/or DST. Thoughts?

Thanks!

There’s a TON of clock faces on google image search: https://www.google.com/search?q=clock+face&safe=off&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=NyZRU8nxG7GmsATW3oGwCQ&ved=0CCcQsAQ&biw=1171&bih=1414

Very cool, nice work!

In the Calendar_Container…

I changed the 37 CalendarBevelButtons to a control set and created a k_ButtonCount constant since the size never changes. You can then eliminate all the CalButtonArray code. You can replace all the CalButtonArray.ubound statements with k_ButtonCount and then replace the CalButtonArray(index) statements with CalendarBevelButton(index).

I’m also looking at the LabelSets which all appear to be control sets with one index rather than a single set with multiple indexes?

I really like the look of these Mike :slight_smile:

[quote=80407:@Mike Cotrone]Thanks Pascal… :slight_smile: I even wrote in the notes that I only needed 12 hour format so thats why v1.0 doesn’t have support for 24 hours :slight_smile: That is on my list :slight_smile:

Pascal can you help me understand the localization of time? I had been thinking that since this is a Chooser and not a real clock that it is up to the user to select the time they want ie. No need for GMT offsets and/or DST. Thoughts?

Thanks![/quote]

For example, Month are in english in the popup, and in Calendar_Container, you use the english name of the month (Select Case in Method thefConvertMonthToInt) instead of using an identifier. So if you want to use another language, you need to change the code.

12/24 and Monday as the first day of the week are part of the localization, in the way that in France for example Monday is the first day of the week and we usually use 24h for clocks.

Thanks Pascal!

[quote=80416:@Peter Fargo]In the Calendar_Container…

I changed the 37 CalendarBevelButtons to a control set and created a k_ButtonCount constant since the size never changes. You can then eliminate all the CalButtonArray code. You can replace all the CalButtonArray.ubound statements with k_ButtonCount and then replace the CalButtonArray(index) statements with CalendarBevelButton(index).

I’m also looking at the LabelSets which all appear to be control sets with one index rather than a single set with multiple indexes?

I really like the look of these Mike :)[/quote]

I adapted to the original Pushbuttons that the original code had. I really never 100% liked the button effect. I am working on converting that to a canvas for more of a consistent experience like on OS X and Windows Calendars. That way I can get away from the buttons all together plus it should look better :slight_smile:

dealing with Time and Dates can be a real pain cause every region (could be a country or subcountry) deals with them differently. Working for a Global 100 company (Nokia), has really taught me that

Mike the pickers look wonderful. I hope I have time this weekend to download and test them.

As for regression testing, if you are testing any of the internal code (not the GUI stuff), you can always write Xojo Unit Testing tests. They are very good at testing and it is free from Xojo (Thanks Paul!!) and if you have questions but XUT, let me know I know fair bit about it.

sb

Thanks Scott I will hit you up on that. I am actually rewriting the Calendar code from scratch since I inherited most of it and it isn’t flexible. I am moving the Calendar to the Canvas so It will look smoother and more professional.

Luckily with the time at least since it is a picker the only thing I have to worry about is 24 hour time which I have on my list. Lucky since this isn’t a clock I don’t have to worry about GMT offsets or anything since the User will pick the time they want to schedule from.

Great work I have been looking for this !

But…
When i hit the 'CurrentMonthButton" this happends:

Screenshot1 system date 19 April:

Screenshot2 systemtime 25 April:

Something is wery wrong…
The days alter and selects the wrong date too…
Live in Norway we use UTC+1 timezone

Dropbox did’t work…
Here are the screenshots:
19April:

25April: