Build Step CopyFiles

How can I add Files to Build Step CopyFiles in Linux?

Drag & Drop is not working,
clicking on the ‘+’ Button opens an Open File Dialog with only 1 Filter (special/any),
but it shows Folders only.

still the same in Xojo 2016r1 :frowning:

bug report # ?

Hi Guys! The copyFiles is not working to copy files on debug mode, even using “BOTH” setting…

Is this a bug?…

Alex

Alexandre

CopyFiles works fine for my scenario. I use Xojo 16.1 to build on OSX for both 32 and 64 bit versions of both OSX and Windows. I use a build step to copy files into the Resource folder. All of the above works fine for me in both debug and release versions.

So you might consider using OSX until the issue can be resolved on Linux, subsequent to your bug report.

Hi!

I’m using mac os x to build linux app. When i use BOTH to copyfiles AFTER build, this works only on compiled cgi, not on debug version.

Alex

Without much details, I will assume you want to place the file next to the executable.

In Linux cgi, App Parent folder puts the file next to the cgi. In Mac, that would be INSIDE the bundle, in the Contents/MacOS folder where the Unix executable is.

If you want the file to be next to the bundle, use App Bundle Parent Folder.

I just tried with 2016R1, and since debug run is a standalone Web project on Mac, I see the file dragged into a copyFile step with destination App Parent Folder, next to the Unix executable.

Have you placed the copyFile in the OS X section of Build Settings ?

The problem is that you can not use Build Step - Copy Files in Linux. (see first post)

I was trying to reply to Alexandre, who builds under Mac. Sorry, I should not encourage his thread hijacking…

[quote=262424:@Alexandre Cunha]Hi!

I’m using mac os x to build linux app. When i use BOTH to copyfiles AFTER build, this works only on compiled cgi, not on debug version.

Alex[/quote]

If you only have a step in the LINUX portion this makes sense since DEBUG would be on OS X - where you do not have a copy file step
Copy the step & put it under OS X (where you DEBUG) and I bet it works

no ones reported it that I can find

<https://xojo.com/issue/43602>