Build problem

Hi,

I have Real Studio 2011 Release 3 i.e. IDE before name was changed to Xojo. So I have quite old environment but I suspect that problem I faced is pretty basic and you with more experience with RealStudio/ Xojo can help me.

I have used RealStudio to do some desktop applications like COM-terminal for Windows to help my embedded sw development . Now I like to change the COM-terminal a bit so I added “UpDownArrows” to GUI, then I build the project and got executable application to directory X and library directory X/Libs including ‘Appearance Pak.dll’. This works fine if I run the executable from the directory X but I need to be able to transfer application to other folders/other computers without libraries. Without “UpDownArrows” control build makes one executable file which I can move around .

Why " UpDownArrows" needs extra DLL whereas other UI elements/controls do not needed it (at least the other ones I have used). More importantly how I can solve this, should I compile ‘Appearance Pak.dll’ somehow and included it to the build ?

Regards,
Ari

You should always include the accompanying “Libs” folder and any DLLs within it along with your app.

Thanx Paul.

I guess I should then make installation package from my app. Do you have some handy tools for that purpose?

This one gets lots of favorable reviews from Xojo users
http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

The Creating Installers for Windows Apps blog post might be helpful.

Thank You! This will help me. Case closed :slight_smile: