Build For App App Store issue

It took me some time to bring one of my IOS Apps from XOJO 2019 to XOJO 2020 R2.1. Some of changes from API1 to API2 were really tricky, before everything worked out fine … but finally I succeeded.

Test in the Simulator shows no more errors, build with Switch “Build For App Store” = OFF works fine on my iPad and iPhone. Now I’d like to go for TestFlight and compile a build with Switch “Build For App Store” = ON.

I recieve the following error:
The operation couldn’t be completed. 2021-01-29 16:15:52.819 xcodebuild[6846:297644] [MT] IDEDistribution: -[IDEDistributionLogging _createLoggingBundleAtPath:]: Created bundle at path ‘/var/folders/5d/mwlvv8qs5f30tqj9fbp5m1lh0000gn/T/memo MDE1_2021-01-29_16-15-52.819.xcdistributionlogs’.
error: exportArchive: Provisioning profile “App MDE1 Provisioning Profile App Store” doesn’t include signing certificate “Apple Distribution: Uwe Merz (…)”.

I tried several things and combinations by revoking and renewing my Profiles and Certificates but I didn’t succeed. Any idea which “Provisioning profile” could be broken or missing ?

Looks like you need to update your provisioning profile on Developer.apple.com with the latest certificate you created

Hello Jeremie, I went through the hole process of renewing my certificates. Then deleted double iOS certificates in the keychain - here we go … thank you!

1 Like

Im in the same position but scared to delete from keychain in case I break the ability to build MacOS apps.
What did you do exactly?

Hi Jeff, I had some things coming together: I had to update some of my certificates because they had expired, changed to XOJO 2020R2.1 and an installation on a new MacBook Pro.
What I did (as far as remember and documented):

Step 1:
I renewed (in developer.apple.com everything that is required and shown in XCODE | Accounts | Manage Certifcates

• Apple Development Certificates
  • IOS Development Certifcates
  • IOS Distribution Certifcates
  • Apple Distribution Certificates
  • Mac App Distribution Certificates
  • Mac Installer Distribution
  • Developer ID Application Certificates
  • Development ID Installer Certificates
    This didn’t help.

Step 2:
Then I created at developer.apple.com a Provisioning Profile by selecting Profiles (+) and (x) iOS App Development Profile, selected my AppID (explicit, not wildcard) and selected the IOS Development certificate (I created earlier). Type in a appropriate name otherwise you won’t be able to keep the file from Step 1 and Step 2 apart.
I downloaded an installed by double-clicked.

Step 3:
Then I created at developer.apple.com a Provisioning Profile by selecting Profiles (+) and Distribution (x) Appstore, selected my AppID (explicit, not wildcard) and selected the IOS Development certificate (I created earlier) - I think I should be the same as the one in Step 2. Type in a appropriate name otherwise you won’t be able to keep the file from Step 1 and Step 2 apart.
I downloaded an installed by double-clicked.

Step 4:
In Keychain Access ( login | My Certificates) I had several double certificates (eg. iPhone Distribution: Uwe Merz (…) and so on). I only kept the newest ones, and deleted the older ones (exported/backuped them before I did so)

Step 5:
Loged out and in again (OS X)
In Xcode | Accounts I Signed off and in again (with my Apple ID) and Downladed Manaual Profiles.

Step 6:
XOJO | IDE | Code Signing I switched Team to none and back to my Team

I assume there are some redundandancies but it worked for me. I cross my fingers for you!

2 Likes