Build button is disabled when only Mac target is selected

Hello,

In one of my projects, if I uncheck all but OS X in the build settings area, the build button is disabled. If I check another target, in addition to OS X, the build button is indeed enabled, but the built items only include the other target(s). It looks like the IDE won’t let me compile this specific project for Mac (it did previously).
What can explain this behaviour?

If you selected 64 bit, then run is disabled. Only 32 bit can be run in the IDE for now.

Thanks, but I’m talking about the build button, not the run one. That’s why I find it weird.

You may want to contact Xojo support.

Look at your licenses and see if something expired recently.

Since when does an expiring license stop you from fully utlizing the last version for which you license was active?

Perhaps there was an IDE update involved?
I think Greg was just trying to help, and not assert anything really.

[quote=299772:@Tim Parnell]Perhaps there was an IDE update involved?
I think Greg was just trying to help, and not assert anything really.[/quote]
didn’t mean he wasn’t… just the way he stated it, inferred an expired license precluded the ability to continue building

What version are you using ?
How old is the project (ie/ is it possible it is / was set to be a Carbon framework) ?
What kind of project is it ?

There’s just not enough information in the opening post to know

Better yet file a bug report with all this + the project attached to it

You’re right. That wouldn’t do it. One thing that might though is if you enabled a license on a new machine and disabled the current one.

I’m using 2016r1.1

No, it’s a recent project (created around 1 year ago).

I’m not sure whether you mean the format or the type. The file is saved as binary format.
As for the type, it’s a non-simple project involving remote controlling of computers.

Sorry, I was clueless as to what to provide. Your questions are welcome.

I’m trying that but Feedback won’t let me do a xojo-only visible case (and the project must be private). It says “Cases for release versions may only be marked as Public or Private”, yet I can’t change the Xojo version field, since it is disabled.

Thanks. However, this applies only to this specific project and for the Mac platform (I can build for each platform with a single licence (for other projects, anyway)).

[quote=299868:@Arnaud Nicolet]
I’m trying that but Feedback won’t let me do a xojo-only visible case (and the project must be private). It says “Cases for release versions may only be marked as Public or Private”, yet I can’t change the Xojo version field, since it is disabled.[/quote]

Create the case initially then add a private note to it with the project attached
That way the case is created abut that note is only visible by you and us

[quote=299917:@Norman Palardy]Create the case initially then add a private note to it with the project attached
That way the case is created but that note is only visible by you and us[/quote]
Thank you. It’s done.

If you haven’t already please attach a screen shot of the IDE with the Licenses page in the About Box open
That should also be instructive

[quote=299933:@Norman Palardy]If you haven’t already please attach a screen shot of the IDE with the Licenses page in the About Box open
That should also be instructive[/quote]
Ok, done. Thank you.

Something that wasn’t mentioned is this is a 64 bit build you’re trying to do
Building for OS X 64 bit does not work from Windows or Linux (at this time)
Build that one as 32 bit and things work

[quote=299996:@Norman Palardy]Something that wasn’t mentioned is this is a 64 bit build you’re trying to do
Building for OS X 64 bit does not work from Windows or Linux (at this time)
Build that one as 32 bit and things work[/quote]
Ok, I didn’t know building from Windows or Linux as 64 bits wasn’t supported. 32 bits will be fine, I think, as 64 bits was just for testing.
Thank you.
BTW: how can I mark my last Feedback post as private, now that I’ve already submited it and I forgot to do so? There does not seem to be something for that.

I’m having a similar problem. Build icon is greyed out while using Pro 2017 ver 2, whether I’m on a Windows or Apple machine, if only the macOS build is selected. It becomes active if I select Windows also, but the macOS version is not created when I do a build. I have 32 bit selected. It’s been a while since I needed to compile a Mac app, so I’ve never tried it with this version before. I went back to 2016 ver 3, and the Build button worked.