Bug in Recordset.update if there are more than one entries???

Hi everybody, Im a little bit confused about whats happening here. To me it seems like a bug

Im using a mySqlCommunityServer Db

I have a recordset with more than one entries and i run through it with a while Not rs.eof…rs.moveNext… Wend loop. Inside that loop I want to update the recordset. In debugger each entry accepts my changes (i SEE them) but after finishing the loop only the first entry has changed…

Example?

Can anybody help? It works with an sql statement “UPDATE xcallarchive SET sentby= 1, sent = ‘2014-01-18 11:38:44’ WHERE id = 563 OR id = 565”

But how can i catch database errors because of lockings then?

Thanks in advance

Christian

[quote=59985:@Christian Jung]Hi everybody, Im a little bit confused about whats happening here. To me it seems like a bug

Im using a mySqlCommunityServer Db

I have a recordset with more than one entries and i run through it with a while Not rs.eof…rs.moveNext… Wend loop. Inside that loop I want to update the recordset. In debugger each entry accepts my changes (i SEE them) but after finishing the loop only the first entry has changed…

Example?

Can anybody help? It works with an sql statement “UPDATE xcallarchive SET sentby= 1, sent = ‘2014-01-18 11:38:44’ WHERE id = 563 OR id = 565”

But how can i catch database errors because of lockings then?

Thanks in advance

Christian[/quote]

Old bug and still not fixed.
Reported: 17 of March 2013 (Feedback case: 26701)

Hi there,
I ran into this, too.
To be sure things get right I subclassed all db-access and wrote methods for handling different db-backends with the correct sql-syntax.
Using dictionaries on manipulating large recordsets helps a lot.
greetings

Thanks, John - good to know it´s not me going crazy…