Bug ? Copy / Paste multiple Properties does not works if no properties already in the target object

Hi,

As we all know, digital Copy / Paste is good, most of the time.

In the IDE, I Copy / Paste some properties from one window (for a ToolBar I add to the target window) to another, but the Paste operation does not worked at all.

It worked after I added a new Foo Property to the target window. Then I cleared it (the useless Foo property).

FWIW

Did I told you lately that I am champion at bug discoveries ?

The same thing happens with methods too. I suspect that constants, shared methods and enums share the same fate.

The Navigator is a great idea but the implementation isn’t so great. It’s trying to do too much, IMO, which I why I’d prefer to do a hybrid interface somewhere between what it is now and what Real Studio did.

So… I checked some entries in my small project, but it had none of these…

On other entries in the Navigator pane, at Paste time, a 1 (or 2 or…) is appended to the object name.

With the ellapsed time and (bad) anwsers I got to some questions, they have too much things on their plate (too few engineers) and cannot get some time to refine the IDE.

Real Studio IDE:
It had a way (a CheckBox) to hide unused events and that was good. Thing you want to learn the Events of a Window (menu, etc.). With Real Studio, you just have to put code in all events (small explanation) <> Xojo: you have to add one event at a time, then add one event, enlarge the window selection event, and then add code.
In this regard, Xojo IDE is a step backward.

Note: I do not understand (the older I went the more I use that sentence: “I do not understand”), why the drawer window (in OS X IDE) to select the Event to add is so small (vertically speaking) considering the Xojo IDE at first launch time !

[quote=114817:@Emile Schwarz] Xojo: you have to add one event at a time, then add one event, enlarge the window selection event, and then add code.
[/quote]
Not sure if you know this but in the dialog you can select as many as you want & add them all at once

[quote=114817:@Emile Schwarz]
Note: I do not understand (the older I went the more I use that sentence: “I do not understand”), why the drawer window (in OS X IDE) to select the Event to add is so small (vertically speaking) considering the Xojo IDE at first launch time ![/quote]
Its resizable
Make it whatever size you’d like

I didn’t knew that: thank you.

This I know.

Unfortunately, here, the size I set disappears as soon as I click in OK (is not saved as Preference). That is the reason I was talking about that (and because the open size is small comparing to the IDE main window default size).

Have a nice Week-End.