Breakpoints not recognized

I develop games on an iMac (El Capitan) that should run on both Windows and OSX. For debugging on Windows I use Remote Debugger Stub of course (became a lot faster in 2018.r1). But lately I discovered some weird behavior on my iMac: breakpoints are not recognized anymore once I switched from Remote debugging (on Windows) to local (on iMac).
I tried many things to get breakpoints working again, even switched off my computer and restarted it. Nothing worked, breakpoints on my iMac were totally ignored. The only thing that worked: a literal ‘break’ command somewhere in the code, let it run until it stops on this ‘break’. Then remove the ‘break’. After that breakpoints are fine again…
Somebody experienced the same or can copy this issue?

There are a number if threads on this already. They are broken in this release is the short answer. Use the previous release until a new update is forthcoming. The break command is the workaround if you can’t go back a version for whatever reason.

Normally I search the forum before starting a new conversation. Apparently I forgot it now. Mea culpa…