Boston/New England Area User/Developer Group Interest?

and sent to people in the area :slight_smile:
I hope they contact you anyway if they are interested, even if they can’t come.
So you can build a list of people interested in your event.

Thank you Christian. The hope is that we can all benefit from getting people to try out new ideas!

This is a final reminder that we have planned the 1st New England Xojo Meetup on Tuesday, December 8 from 6-8 PM officially. We are willing to stay longer if people have the interest.

This first meeting is being hosted at our offices at ICAL Systems, 101 Church Street, Whitinsville, MA

We are currently at 8 participants including Paul Lefebvre, Developer Evangelist, from Xojo, Inc. Paul has offered to do a round of questions and answers for anyone attending, so this is an opportunity to get some insights first hand!

We have scheduled the following, but we are open to suggestions:

Goal(s) for the group:

• develop local resources (people to work with or bounce ideas)
  • business development
  • create a more active voice to advocate Xojo use
  • create a common voice to advocate desired Xojo features

Agenda:

• Basic meet and greet (who are you; what do you do; etc.)
  • Discus Business development strategies
  • Technology shop talk
  • Paul Lefebvre, Q&A session
  • (optional) Xojo technology review *

Please respond by Monday the 7th with a message to support@ical.com so we can plan accordingly. We look forward to hearing from you and hopefully meeting you.

Cheers,

Arthur, on behalf of ICAL Systems

On behalf of ICAL, I would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone who attended last night’s 1st. New England Xojo Meetup.

It was both interesting and fun. We were also duly impressed by the caliber of the people attending.

Thank you for making this successful. In particular, thank you Paul Lefebvre for taking the time to get down here and share some very help insights into Xojo and its future direction.

Arthur Couture

And thank you for hosting.

I’m curious how many came overall and from the Boston area.

I was not planning to attend based on the agenda alone (being mainly a hobbyist the agenda seemed geared to professional developers). But if i did want to go, it would have been difficult given the time and location…

I work and live due north of Boston around 128, and get out of work at 5:30. Given the traffic during rush hour on 128 and the Pike, I doubt i could have made it much before 7PM.

I imagine others who are not self employed from the Boston area would have had similar issues.

• Karen

There were eight of us. It was a good first meeting. Introductions and RB/RS/Xojo history by everyone. Towards the end the discussion did center around large business and their lack of awareness of Xojo - particularly it’s ability to produce highly functional software. Arthur and Thomas wrapped it up with a demo of a very impressive app they are working on.

Paul’s effort coming from Portland was a big plus. I needed a new Xojo pen! Time and distance are always a problem but get in the conversation. I don’t think alternative times or locations would be an insurmountable issue.