Black Friday - Not So Back At Pluralsight!

I’m open to correction on this but…

A few months back I asked for opinions on renewing my Pluralsight subscription on here. In the end I decided to cancel the account and take a break because I could always get a new account for less than the renewal cost - something that annoyed me a lot: they did not reward loyalty at all.

Today I get a flyer from them tell me about the great price for a new account - $199, which is what I was expecting to pay in any case!!! I went along to the site and sure enough the price for a new account is now $299 and the Black Friday price is $199, the same as the discounted price two months ago…

I’m going to be very interested to see what they will be charging for a new account in two months time, $299 discounted to $199 I’m betting…

They cycle through a few different types of offers throughout the year, I’m always getting emails from them.
But $199 for a year was always the best offer available I thought?

So, this is not a Black Friday offer, but their yearly standard best offer…

I believe so. There certainly is nothing special about it. And in the many years I have been a customer I have never every got any kind of discount offer on renewals.

I have no complaints what so ever about the content etc always very professional and what I needed to do the job. But I’m just a little bit miffed that they don’t show some recognition to loyal customers and selling their usual offer as a Black Friday offer… well ya…

In my digging this morning, Black Friday is more like Blah Friday. I checked the normal prices for a number of items that we were looking into for the house 2 weeks ago. In the Blah Friday ads and online, I’m finding the same thing - the MSRP price is now the “Regular” price and the Blah Friday price is the normally discounted price from 2 weeks ago.

Buyer Beware!

I am not surprised…

I have noted for several years, in France, that Christmas toys are cheaper in November (last weekend was a historic low) than in December.

Worse: the closer on December 25, the more prices go up (not everywhere, but this has been noted).

Not against law, but…

Beware all the time, about everything. When an offer looks lovely, beware and search if there is not something wrong before buying it.