Better solution for AppStoreConnect reports

I want to automate getting monthly data for my sales from MAS. Additionally, I find the reports there obnoxious. I want to see what I earned a month and nothing else.

A while ago I tried an app called AppStat. The app didn’t work and the developer was unresponsive. Are there alternatives?

I have set up an Access database which downloads the daily reports. Those reports are then connected to a PowerBi file. Works pretty well and fast.

Neither Access nor PowerBI are available for macOS :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Yes, sorry. Forgot about that. Using Windows for that.

Automate your workflow with the App Store Connect API
developer.apple.com/app-store-connect/api

so you request the data as “download” within your xojo app then you put it into a chart.
maybe put the needed data first into a sqlite database that you can easy query it.
for the chart you can use xojos web chart 2020 2.1 or MBS Xojo ChartDirector.

I’m this lazy type developer who likes to use existing things :grinning:. The REST API doesn’t sound so complicated. But I haven’t a clue how to use the authorization.

how about using this reporter command line tool?
it use a access token that is valid for 180 days.
https://help.apple.com/itc/appsreporterguide/

You can download Sales and Trends reports directly from App Store Connect. You can also automate downloading of reports using the App Store Connect API or Reporter.

Thanks, that looks perfect for what I want to do.

1 Like

If you don’t mind giving your data to a 3rd party, I would recommend using AppAnnie.

You will then get a daily / weekly report by email and a very extensive dashboard on their website.

Isn’t AppAnnie for mobile? I only want some numbers from MAS.

Not sure if Reporter is still working or not. AppStoreConnect doesn’t do access tokens anymore. And creating an access token in the app only gives an error message.

From my understanding, AppAnnie can also get data from the MAS.

1 Like