Battery level control

Hi all,

Has anyone found/made a nice control to show battery levels in Web 2.0? Am thinking a 90 degree radial with red->green colour transition, or even a vertical bar, but this will show multiple batteries so has to be customisable to some extent. The Graffitisuite controls are awesome, but a green to red transition goes through brown and is only 180 degrees.

I didn’t reimplement this for Web 2.0 because the BatteryStatus API has been deprecated (and even removed in some browsers) due to privacy concerns.

This feature is no longer recommended. Though some browsers might still support it, it may have already been removed from the relevant web standards, may be in the process of being dropped, or may only be kept for compatibility purposes. Avoid using it, and update existing code if possible; see the compatibility table at the bottom of this page to guide your decision. Be aware that this feature may cease to work at any time.

Thanks Anthony, It’s for a custom controller that needs to show status of 4 different batteries connected via custom hardware so my situation is pretty unique I’m sure.

J

Are you actually just looking for a gauge-type control to display values, or get battery status of the current device?

Hi Anthony.

A gauge of some kind. This is not for the device battery.

J

If you open a Feature Request in my support system and include an example (image or somewhere on the web) of what you’re looking for, I’ll see what can be done.

Great solution, thanks Anthony

1 Like

Happy to help!