BackColor on BevelButton

I am trying to set the BackColor (Background color) on a BevelButton when it is selected (button is a toggle type). Here is my code…

me.HasBackColor = true
me.BackColor = RGB(0,255,0)
me.Value = true

But all I get is the light gray color, what am I missing?
THX
JMW

Ate you on OS X? It works only on Windows and Linux, as the docs state.

[quote=124065:@James M Wadkins]I am trying to set the BackColor (Background color) on a BevelButton when it is selected (button is a toggle type). Here is my code…

me.HasBackColor = true
me.BackColor = RGB(0,255,0)
me.Value = true

But all I get is the light gray color, what am I missing?[/quote]

It is a good idea to post in the channel corresponding to the platform you are using to make the answer more evident. Eli is probably right, if you are using OSX the property backcolor has no effect. So you should post in OSX.

To give your bevelbutton a back color, use :

dim p as new picture(me.width-2,me.height-2,32) p.graphics.ForeColor = &cFF000000 p.graphics.FillRect(0,0,p.width,p.height) me.IconAlign = 1 me.Icon = p

1 Like

Yes, OSX, sorry.

This is wrong for this case, because James would have had to know the answer in advance for that decision…

Your answer showed you had guessed it was OS X in this specific example. It does not preclude future questions to be posted in the right channel as a good habit to get the most relevant answers. Guessing is not always evident…

No problem. Have you tried the workaround I posted for you ?