Automatic quote replacement by a curly quote

The code below replace l’ by ’’ and I cannot understand why.

I saved my project, left Xojo, clearead the Xojo Cache folder (and empty the Trash can folder), fire Xojo, load the project and run it: I still get what I wrote above.

BTW: I think that code will work fine if you run it, I suspect something else in Xojo (since I already saw something like that previously), but how can I get my Xojo working correctly ?

Must I also clears the Xojo folder elsewhere (the one with the Language Reference DB) ?

I take time to do that, and it changed nothing (excepted that I cannot build my application now…

[code]Function KeyDown(Key As String) As Boolean
// ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------
//
//
// The quote character (’) is replaced by the curly quote (’) character at KeyDown time…
//
//
// ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

If Key = “’” Then
// Select the just added character
Me.SelStart = Me.SelStart - 1
Me.SelLength = 1 // I set 2 here at a moment in time, then I set 1 and add Return True below ! *
Me.SelText = “’”

// I handled the Event ! (so, only one character)
Return True

End If
End Function[/code]

• Yes, I suspect that, but… how can Xojo or my project recall that ?
    IMHO: Xojo or my project are not meant to do that.

BTW: did I wrote earlier that this was working fine in my testing project ?
In the testing project, the code was in a TextField, but in the production project, I subclassed a TextField and use that as a super for all TextFields in that Window.

called “smart quote”
and your can either turn it off in System Preferences
or there is a declare that will disable it for your app only