Autocomplete API2 only

Hi, I was hesitating to abandon Xojo because of the API2 update, too many work on my 12 programs as development is simply a hobby for me.
I finally (with the “help” of Covid19) made the update. I now finished.
Is it a way to only make appear API2 in Autocomplete as I won’t use API1 anymore ?

[quote=486231:@Thomas ROBISSON]Hi, I was hesitating to abandon Xojo because of the API2 update, too many work on my 12 programs as development is simply a hobby for me.
I finally (with the “help” of Covid19) made the update. I now finished.
Is it a way to only make appear API2 in Autocomplete as I won’t use API1 anymore ?[/quote]
When you start a new project, Xojo will autocomplete for API 2.0 only.

If you Save As your project it will force the project to API 2.0 only from that point on, which coincidentally is really annoying if you don’t want to upgrade but want to save a test change under a different filename, but I digress. :wink:

Write an IDE script that calls an app you wrote that copies the project file?

-Karen

Ok thank you. Then I just have to “Save as” (then with a new name -> new project) and after I reopen them it will autocomplete API2 only.
But I still will be able to use API1, I just did the test and it seems yes. For example, AddressBook is deprecated and only use API1 Date (not API2 DateTime).

I will digress too, I’m sad AddressBook is deprecated :confused: :frowning: .