Audio Metadata

Hi all,

I’ve built a Xojo language binding into taglib and am wondering if there is an interest here. Taglib allows you to read/write metadata for both ID3v1 and ID3v2 for MP3 files, Ogg Vorbis comments and ID3 tags and Vorbis comments in FLAC, MPC, Speex, WavPack TrueAudio, WAV, AIFF, MP4 and ASF files. Taglib is used by VLC, and several other products including all Native Instruments applications.

The binding is in c/c++ and works on both Mac and Windows using Xojo. I might also add a Linux target as well.

I don’t think there is a way to support metadata in so many different formats using plugins from any current Xojo vendor so this may be useful to some.

Let me know if you are interested in this.

P.S. I may move this into a Xojo plugin, for ease of use, but depends on how many need it.

Regards,

Jim

I forgot to mention, Amazon Kindle uses a slightly modified version of this library as well.

Regards,

Jim

Interested!

I have interest in this.

In a galaxy far far away… I once wrote some code in pure RB for dealing with a couple of these formats. It’s way out of date and probably needs some dead creatures removed from it, but I might be able to dig it up again.

Interested!

I’m interested too.

Is your binding already available ?

Cheers,
Guy.

Yes, I would be interested too.

Ditto!

Interested

is it still relevant?

I use the old amds (from Sam Rowlands) for mp3.

Does anybody have the old rb project from Sam? On the RS forums it’s linked to a .mac page (which doesn’t exist)
I can’t use the AppleScript solution floating around since I’m trying to do cross platform, and the other project doesn’t get the time in seconds tag.

Original
my modified version

I do, it’s not public anymore as it’s not maintained.

I’m sorry, the way you’d worded it I thought it may have been lost.

Care to share knowledge? I’m trying to make a simple playlist manager for USB sticks mostly so that it works in my SmartCar. The playlists need to be M3U format which requires the length in seconds.

I’d like to do my best to make it cross platform, but my priority is Mac since I’d like to be able to use the tool. I appreciate anything you’re willing to share :slight_smile:

HI Tim,
I don’t know the M3U format, I’m pretty busy here at the moment, but drop me an e-mail and I’ll see what I can in a couple of weeks.

if you can use Xojo 2013 MoviePlayer can tell you duration
example

drop mp3 file to the window

In Xojo 2014 Duration is only displayed when playing

I resume this old thread just to ask: did anybody end up to be successful in interfacing Xojo to taglib?

it must be taglib?

For OSX you can look at https://forum.xojo.com/conversation/post/177138 (using ffmpeg)

Hi Jim,

I know this is an old thread, but by chance do you have the plugin or code available?

Thank you in advance