Appwrapper Mini & Renewed MAS Certificates

I’m having some difficulties with and I’m assuming it’s my Certificate.

I just renewed my developer membership to apple as it expired yesterday. In xcode I refreshed my user account to ensure my certificates are current. I’m using Appwrapper Mini and trying to prepare the app for MAS. When I do I get the following error in Xojo.

Yet in App Wrapper Mini I get the greenlight…

I didn’t know if anyone else has any tips so I can get it to work.

MAS is for the Mac App Store - not iOS
The signing error you’re showing is the iOS app signing failing as I suspect you don’t have an iOS certificate

Yes I’m trying to wrap my app for the MAS as it was working fine before I renewed my developer membership with the same settings.

Hi Rob, I received your e-mail as well, but I thought I’d reply here so that others can see the resolution (we when get it resolved). The first thing I notice is that the name appears very differently in the App Wrapper mini interface and the Error Dialog.

I would suggest going back to Keychain Access and making sure that name is an exact match, case and all to what it says in the Keychain Access. You also appear to missing the Team ID.

I’ll investigate why it may be giving you a false positive.

@Sam Rowlands just sent you another email with more screenshots. I did what you said in the keychain to ensure that it was spelled correctly (case and all) with no luck. The key chain is different than the greenlight. When I tried to verify it I get this error: Input/Output Error.

Below is the image of the error message in XOJO when using the certificate under the green light in app wrapper mini.

Team ID isn’t that only for Company Profiles? I’m only set up as individual.

Not any more, try including the team ID, so that signature name is exactly as it is Keychain Access.

Had a quick look and it seems that doing a test code sign, where the code sign command runs through the process, but never actually modifies the files is what’s causing the false positive. Suggests to me that this function is no longer a viable way of validating the code signature :frowning:

Oh hold on… looking at the screenshots you submitted, KeyChain Access is showing the new certificates in a completely different format than before!

This breaks everything, especially App Wrapper Mini!

I thought it may be something with AppWrapper Mini and downloaded your new AppWrapper 3 and I couldn’t get it to wrap.

Now when I choose Developer ID from app wrapper mini it worked without issue with a false positive greenlight. Is that because the Developer ID lasts longer than Mac App Store certificates.

Yes it seems that Developer ID format has not changed, but the Mac App Store certificate format has!

Let me know if you need a guinea pig as I need to update some apps :wink: Thanks again for your help!

Apple once again making changes without informing us developers first! I hate playing this catch-up bullshit!

Hey it didn’t filter out my Bullshit… Did I misspell it or sumfing?

Does this mean we’ll be forced to upgrade to AW3 for a fix?

Nope. Once I ship the AW3 update I’ve been working on, I schedule to update AWM to include this fix.

Eventually AWM & AW3 will use the same Xojo project, so this will make my life much easier!

It would be great if you do choose to update to AW3, it does have a lot more functionality than mini. Check out the comparison table on the App Wrapper web page.
Http://www.ohanaware.com/appwrapper/

[quote=148917:@Sam Rowlands]Nope. Once I ship the AW3 update I’ve been working on, I schedule to update AWM to include this fix.

Eventually AWM & AW3 will use the same Xojo project, so this will make my life much easier!

It would be great if you do choose to update to AW3, it does have a lot more functionality than mini. Check out the comparison table on the App Wrapper web page.
Http://www.ohanaware.com/appwrapper/[/quote]
I’m talking for us AW2 users who may or may not have purchased less than 3 months ago…

If you purchased within a year then please contact us and we’ll arrange an upgrade path for you.