Application Performace Lag

As I work through the desktop example on my IMAC (Yosemite 10.10.1, 3.06 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4Gig Ram, very clean machine, setup for dev only) I noticed a lag in the GUI performance. I created the desktop tutorial GUI, saved the app, then ran the app.

It moves around the screen fine but as you resize the GUI if you make it really small then drag it out to be larger the wait cursor appears and the app appears to need some time to resize the GUI.

Is this something related to running the app through the dev environment?

The App Monitor shows the app requiring 94-99% of the CPU.

Once the app gets through the wait cursor period of about 45 seconds the machine has normalized and resizing the GUI is responsive, CPU resources jump to 50% at most and quick go back to less than 15%.

Sort question here…are lags common when running through the dev IDE?

Thanks in Advance
Tim C.

[quote=159475:@Tim Crouse]Is this something related to running the app through the dev environment?

The App Monitor shows the app requiring 94-99% of the CPU.

Once the app gets through the wait cursor period of about 45 seconds the machine has normalized and resizing the GUI is responsive, CPU resources jump to 50% at most and quick go back to less than 15%.

Sort question here…are lags common when running through the dev IDE?[/quote]

Running in the IDE is definitely slower than built code.

But what you describe is no common. It may be due to the code, or the operations involved when a resize occurs.

That app usage seems very high to me. BUT, I’ve found that Yosemite UI, in general, gets sluggish once a week or so. I have to restart the flipping computer.

I’ve restarted Yosemite more times than any other Mac OS version since probably version 9. Apple’s quality is not as good as it once was.