Appearance/Spacing in WebRadioGroup Controls

We’re building a web application that heavily relies on the WebRadioGroup control to collect information. I’m finding that the spacing at runtime doesn’t reflect the spacing/formatting I see in the IDE. When I run the app, all of the individual radio buttons are aligned tightly with no vertical spacing while in the IDE I sized the control to allow for vertical spacing.

Can this be controlled with Styles or with code at runtime? Am I missing something? I’ve been testing this on MacOS with Firefox and Safari.

I reported this in December, 2010. <https://xojo.com/issue/15116>

If you have to depend on the spacing I’d recommend creating your own RadioButton using WebCanvas and then adding it to a Container. Have the container manage how many rows/columns it needs and then you get to control the spacing. The drawback is that you have to code everything else too.

Obviously, Xojo Inc. doesn’t see this as a priority.

Thanks Bob. Wow, I can’t believe this isn’t an issue for more users. I bumped it up in my Top Cases on Feedback, but I guess we’ll have to live with it, the work around sounds labor intesive. We’d basically be building a radio button from scratch, right?

Yeah, I submitted that one a LONG time ago.

Yes, but honestly I don’t think it’s THAT big of a project. Getting the graphic looking right is probably the hardest part.