App Wrapper 3 Notarization issues

Hopefully someone here can give me some suggestions or advice on this.

I have three small applications / tools that I’m trying to get notarized.
Using the method outlined on a thread I found on this forum (using DMG Canvas) I was able to get them notarized. I need to specify hardened runtime and some sandboxing but I cannot see how to specify any specifics using that method.

I’ve been trying to do it via @Sam Rowlands’ App Wrapper – where I appear to have plenty of options and can specify these specifics – however notarization fails.

Looking at log I get from the App Wrapper after failure it isn’t clear to me what the issues are. (I realize I need a better understanding of the process and again, perhaps someone here can help me with that as well. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Phil

Can we see it?

Have you gone to the Apple developer site and checked to see if they want you to agree to something ?
have you set up an app-specific password ?

@Jeff Tullin,
Yes, I’ve set up app specific passwords for both DMG Canvas and App Wrapper.
The log says “Package Invalid retrieving the remote log…” but nothing after that.

I have a valid developer account.
I’ve got “Hardened Runtime” checked and “Entitlements Only” selected in the App Sandbox dropdown.
I also have “Allow JIT-compiled code (XojoScript)” and “Allow unsigned memory (XojoScript)” checked, as that seems to be what I saw that @Sam Rowlands said in a thread was necessary.
All other Sandbox items are “none.”

I think this means (in simple terms), that Notarisation is thinking about your app which it thinks was submitted with a unique ‘job reference’ of ABC,
…has sent a message to Apple Servers asking ‘what about job ABC, then?’
…and the Apple Servers are saying ‘search me… never heard of that job’

I think I saw that once when I recompiled before the notarisation was completed.
Sadly, I have no ‘quick fix’ I can offer. Sam may be online in a few hours

I is awake.

I’d need to see the log, it seems there’s something with the application that Apple doesn’t like, and that could be a variety of things, maybe even a new requirement that Apple has introduced.

Click on the “Action” icon in the row containing your submission (of the Notarize window) and select “Show Log”. Then copy the contents. Then select “Contact Ohanaware” from the Help menu, this will create an e-mail to send to our support mailbox, paste your log in that e-mail so I can take a look.

@Sam Rowlands,
Thanks Sam. I do appreciate any advice you might have.

One question I have is that my Developer ID Application displays in App Wrapper as “Developer ID Application Installer Missing.”

I don’t know what that means (or how to resolve it.)

Thanks,
Phil

1 Like

[quote=489844:@Phillip Bond]@Sam Rowlands,
Thanks Sam. I do appreciate any advice you might have.

One question I have is that my Developer ID Application displays in App Wrapper as “Developer ID Application Installer Missing.”

I don’t know what that means (or how to resolve it.)

Thanks,
Phil[/quote]
I try my best to support my customers, this message about the installer missing is only a problem if you intend to use Apple’s installers to deploy your application, otherwise you can ignore it.

1 Like