App Store reject

I received this answer from the App Store reviewer for an updated version of my application.
I have not made any changes to the behavior of the windows in the original version that is already in the App Store.

[i]When closing the main window, the user should be able to return to it. Otherwise, the app should quit.

When closing a pane, the user should be able to get back to the main window.

We look forward to reviewing your revised binary.[/i]

Any suggestions?

Just because reviewer 1 let it through doesn’t mean reviewer 2 will.
Everyone has ‘off’ days and jobsworth days.
But now that this is on record, you will need to change it or they wont pass it.

Mac apps have two forms:

Document based apps where closing the window doesn’t kill the app: in which case File/New should allow a new document to open.
Yours doesn’t?

or a dialog based app where if the window is closed, the app shuts down too.
Yours still runs?

The suggestion … no sharpness intended… is ‘change the app’ and resubmit.

My app has a main window that is a document one. The rest of the windows are sheet windows opening from the main window.
When the user has made changes and closes the main window, a dialog asking to save or quit is displayed and then the window and the application are closed.

For a document based app, when the window is closed, you should ask if the document should be saved or discarded.
Then the window closes but application stays open.

If the user wants a new document, they then choose file/new
If they want to quit the app, they use file/quit

I mean the main window is the app window but in xojo in Frame - Type - I selected Document.
When the user confirms he wants to close the main window, then the application closes.
I don’t know how to prevent the application from closing in this situation.

[quote=252869:@Juan Carlos Alcedo Velarde]When the user confirms he wants to close the main window, then the application closes.
I don’t know how to prevent the application from closing in this situation.[/quote]

Don’t set App.AutoQuit to True and/or use the CancelClose Event of your Main Window to handle these Situations. :slight_smile:

I have this in the Close Event of the main window: App.CloseThisWindow( Self )
If I remove the Close Event then the app is still opened when the main window is close, the window menu still lists the main window but there is no way to go back to main window clicking on it on the window menu as the App Store reviewer is asking for.
I don’t have App.AutoQuit in my code so I assumed it is set to False.

Reviewer says:

You say:

That suggests you do what the reviewer wants
Are you sure your app closes?
Are you sure the window should be a document style?

What about disabling the Close button (to let the main window active all the time) and “Save” + “New” toolbar or menu items?

Thanks all for your suggestions. I have made the changes and resubmitted. I will let you know if it is approved or rejected.