App Signing Problem

Having a problem signing application. Error message:

This just started, was working ok. Also failed on a backup copy of source from yesterday and it also failed.

Help please.

Look as if image link did not work.

Error msg

you need to sign also the dylibs from all plugins inside app.

I’m using App Wrapper Mini. I don’t see any options like that.

I do not know if Xcode update would make a difference. It was updated today.

Cant see your image…

Last time Xcode updated, it moved the code signing utility and I had to change the paths in my code signing script.

This week it updated again, and afterwards refused to sign anything until I had opened Xcode as a stand alone application and agreed to another bunch of terms and conditions as an administrator.
Grrr…

Looks like you need to specify the -deep option.

This is the script I use in the folder where my app lives

codesign -f --deep -s ‘Developer ID Application: MyDEVID’ ‘/users/myname/Documents/MyApps/MyGreatApp.app

I have received an email from Apple last month saying exactly that. App Wrapper Mini does it.

How do you get these communications? I haven’t received any emails from Apple about developer things :frowning:

I simply joined the developer program. Actually I just verified and it was back in August, and again last week, 9/16.

The substance of the letter is to direct to https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/technotes/tn2206/_index.html

The way I read that is App Wrapper Mini should NOT be causing the error. But it does. (Sam: HELP)

It may yet create an error if you have anything unusual in the bundle, like a non standard folder. I recently created an app that uses a helper, and App Wrapper Mini cannot adequately sign such app, so I had to acquire App Wrapper 2.

I am sure Sam will assist when he comes online.

I also have App Wrapper2, it’s is signing the app ok.

I think I had this same problem before (memory is failing me) and Sam sent me a fix; I think.

Now I need to work on the Windows version, making an install and getting it installed.

Have one more question: Signing the NON Apple Store version (Apple) does it make any difference which Apple ID I use, i.e. one with a “GateKeeper” ICON or “App” ICON?

It fixed.

Ran Xcode. It did some Installing. Then I ran a Debug and then a Build and did NOT get the signing Error message.

App has the CodeSigning in it.

[quote=131320:@Jim Smith]I also have App Wrapper2, it’s is signing the app ok.

I think I had this same problem before (memory is failing me) and Sam sent me a fix; I think.

Now I need to work on the Windows version, making an install and getting it installed.

Have one more question: Signing the NON Apple Store version (Apple) does it make any difference which Apple ID I use, i.e. one with a “GateKeeper” ICON or “App” ICON?[/quote]

I am selling the same version on my site as the one I have on the MAS. Gatekeeper is happy.

Sounds like it was the
[quote]refused to sign anything until I had opened Xcode as a stand alone application and agreed to another bunch of terms and conditions as an administrator.[/quote] issue ,then.