App.NonReleaseVersion always returns 0

Title says it all… I cannot get anything other than 0 from app.nonreleaseversion in a running debug app.
Ive tried numbers from 1 to 10, 800, and 1000, always the same

What am I missing?

Mac? Win? Linux? Web? Console?

works here on Mac.

I have the same but with app.stagecode, always get “final”
only on one project
if i make a new project with all my externals libraries, it does not
so I made something in my project that modifies a “read only at runtime” app property…
must be the same for you
try to make a new project and see if it remains.

Are you bundling your project with App Wrapper? Depending on your settings, that would affect these properties.

Yes I am.
Is there a setting in Appwrapper that affects this?

I believe the option to standardize the version number affects this.

The nonReleaseVersion number is actually appearing in the ‘Major’ number, when the ‘always apply’ tick box is ticked on version.
This appears to affect how the app is seen by the app store.

Since Im not in the app store, thats unticked now.
For a while, App Wrapper then showed no versions at all.
I had to delete the existing script and prevent it wrapping the debug version , but it seems to be working now.
Thanks Greg. Good spot.

I’m getting into a version number pickle with AppWrapper. I need to summarize it all and send the details to Sam when I get a quiet moment. I found ways around it pre App Awrapper 3.5 but couldn’t today,

My main app right now is V1.0.0 Build 129. Pre Wrapping that what was reported. Post wrapping it came out as V129.0.0 (If I do vx.x.x option it becomes v1.0.0!

I need to grab screen shots etc. My brain needs a beer right now.

The version number is one of those areas that I’ve yet to perfect;

tl;dr Xojo and Apple butt heads with version number formats. App Wrapper tries to be a peace keeper.

If you are signing with the App Store submission certificate, you have to have your version number modified. Apple rejects the Xojo version number. There’s two options, #1 is to use the Apple recommend way and the second is simply to shorten it.

If you’re using Developer ID / Gate Keeper, you can do as Jeff suggests:

[quote=232806:@Jeff Tullin]The nonReleaseVersion number is actually appearing in the ‘Major’ number, when the ‘always apply’ tick box is ticked on version.
This appears to affect how the app is seen by the app store.[/quote]
Basically uncheck “Always apply” and when not submitting to the App Store, App Wrapper will leave your version number alone.

Thanks, it all makes sense now. I’ve done shortened for the App Store wrapper and leave unchecked for the Gatekeeper version.

I’m not using appwraper and still dont get the correct value for app.stagecode
this is only for ONE project, all other are fine…
if anyone has any idea.

open the plist in the app and see whats listed for the CFBundleVersion key

CFBundleVersion

there should be an “alpha” after 26 but it is not (althought it is in the shared panel of xojo)

The part that stood out to me was The string should only contain numeric (0-9) and period (.) characters.

Is the problem as Xojo’s version number contains 5 non-negative, period-separated integers