App.Name empty and App.Open Event not executed?

In my App i have in the App.Open Event a few lines of code to check for an empty App.LongVersion, Registering a few Plugins and more.

The App.Open Event starts with:

[code] App.AutoQuit = True

If App.LongVersion = “” Then
MsgBox “App.LongVersion is leer!”
Quit
End If[/code]
…

I build a Mac Build with 2015 R1 on OS X 10.10.2, signed it with my Apple Gate Keeper Certificate using App Wrapper 3 an sent the Zipped Build to a Beta Tester.
The Betatester (also on 10.10.2) unzipped the App into the Programms Folder and started it. The result can be seen in the attached images.

I don’t know how to reproduce it on my machine.
The mentioned images are attached to <https://xojo.com/issue/38369>

Did anyone else ever experience something similar? What may i have done wrong here?

I recall somewhere that the order of Open events is unreliable. That may be the issue.

You would have to move initialization of plugins to a separate method that’s called at the bottom of App.Open and not in any Window.Open events.

[quote=170786:@Tim Parnell]I recall somewhere that the order of Open events is unreliable. That may be the issue.

You would have to move initialization of plugins to a separate method that’s called at the bottom of App.Open and not in any Window.Open events.[/quote]

I do not initialise any Plugin in my single Window App. But there are a few Plugin Controls on this Window.

Using them initializes them. Do you open the window yourself, or is it set as the Default Window of the app?

Found the issue.

I use App.LongVersion in the App.Open Event and many other places to point to SpecialFolder.ApplicationData.child(“de.undsoweiter.” + App.LongVersion).child(App.LongVersion + “.db”) for example.

if i use SpecialFolder.ApplicationData.child(“de.undsoweiter.appname”).child(“appname.db”) instead, it works fine.

This all applies only to Sandboxed apps.