anyone using cubeSQL with WE?

the undefined symbol: _ZNSaIcEC1Ev is what is the indicator of the issue… and I cant tell what it is.

I think that’s the result of the above error, but i have no means to invest it because my new Linux version isn’t ready and fully installed. I am sorry i cannot help further.

you get that when you can the .cgi via the commandline as Apache isnt passing its parameters to the cgi.

Just a random shot in the dark but as Apache can be funny at times can you try using a “./Libs” folder instead of “./SerialRequestor Libs”?

I don’t know if i understand right what you wrote, my understanding is that the cgi send its parameters to Apache and that error shows (at least to me) that one parameter isn’t set in the cgi so it can not be passed to Apache.
But your guess is just as good as mine.

[quote=106739:@Andre Kuiper]I don’t know if i understand right what you wrote, my understanding is that the cgi send its parameters to Apache and that error shows (at least to me) that one parameter isn’t set in the cgi so it can not be passed to Apache.
But your guess is just as good as mine.[/quote]
That error was when he ran it from the command line which means that Apache wasn’t involved.

Bob, you are right, that error is happening in the cgi-file command ENV{“REQUEST_METHOD”}. What i understood from Scott’s reply is that he was thinking that Apache did set parameters in the cgi-file which should be the other way around as far as i understand it.

Apache sets environment parameters local to the execution of the cgi script then executes the script. When executing the CGI from the command line it kicked out that error since it couldn’t find the environment variable.

One thing I use Xojo/RS for is unit testing cgi scripts outside of the Apache environment so I recreate what I expect so I know if my scripts are failing or if something changed in the environment.

You will need to use the beta if you are using the 1701 provided cubeSQL.

so the issue was the WE app not using the BETA plugins. But the desktop app(s) that target the some cubeSQL server was using the latest PRODUCTION plugins. Really ******* odd! I will recompile everything to use the BETA plugin.

thanks everyone!

@Bob Coleman , thanks for the explanation. Sometimes i need to be set with my nose in the right direction.

@scott boss , glad to see the problem is solved.