anyone using cubeSQL with WE?

Anyone using cubeSQL with WE (cgibin)? I am having an issue with the combination. If I comment out the cubeSQL references in the app, it starts up and runs with no issues. But as soon as I uncomment out the connect to the cubeSQL database method, my app crashes on startup.

The application cannot continue because a needed file cannot be installed. <path to Libs directory>/CubeSQLPlugin.so: undefined symbol: _ZNSaIcEC1Ev,

that is the relevant entry in the error_log for apache. I have redownloaded the client (plugin) from sqlabs. So I have the latest plugin. This was compiled with 2014R1.1. I havent tried 2014R2 yet (it is downloading as I type this).

anyone have a clue for me?

Yes, I use CubeSQL 4.5 on Ubuntu Server with WE cgi and standalone. I do not experience any negative issues.

I also use CubeSQL with WE cgi and I haven’t had any issues either…

Scott, did you try a desktopapp or consoleapp and can that one use the Cubesql database?
If so then locate where the plugin is installed and check if the user/group www-data (most of the time this is the owner of apps started by apache) has access to that directory.

[quote=106520:@scott boss]Anyone using cubeSQL with WE (cgibin)? I am having an issue with the combination. If I comment out the cubeSQL references in the app, it starts up and runs with no issues. But as soon as I uncomment out the connect to the cubeSQL database method, my app crashes on startup.

The application cannot continue because a needed file cannot be installed. <path to Libs directory>/CubeSQLPlugin.so: undefined symbol: _ZNSaIcEC1Ev,

that is the relevant entry in the error_log for apache. I have redownloaded the client (plugin) from sqlabs. So I have the latest plugin. This was compiled with 2014R1.1. I havent tried 2014R2 yet (it is downloading as I type this).

anyone have a clue for me?[/quote]
Have you tried talking to Marco@SQLabs about this?

I was afraid of that… And pretty sure that was the answer I was going to get.

[quote=106538:@Andre Kuiper]Scott, did you try a desktopapp or consoleapp and can that one use the Cubesql database?
If so then locate where the plugin is installed and check if the user/group www-data (most of the time this is the owner of apps started by apache) has access to that directory.[/quote]

I have desktop app(s) that can connect without issue. only my WE app is crashing. hence why I asked.

I havent yet. that was phase 2 after I make sure that others have it working without issues.

Have you downloaded the last version of plugin : http://www.sqlabs.com/download/cubesql/beta/CubeSQLPlugin.zip

yes I have made sure I have the latest plugins.

Then there isn’t anything wrong with the plugin i guess and my second part of my earlier answer could apply.

the plugin directory has the right ownership/permissions as it can read from all the other plugins fine without any issues.

did you try to start the cgi and the executable by hand in a shell? That can give more information what’s going on.

here is the cgi…

[code]-sh-4.1$ ./serialrequestor.cgi
Runtime Error
Please report what caused this error along with the information below.
Common/plugin.cpp: 5285
Failure Condition: 0
The application cannot continue because a needed file cannot be installed. /home/sb1520a/domains/api.nocturnalcodingmonkeys.com/cgi-bin/SR/SerialRequestor Libs/CubeSQLPlugin.so: undefined symbol: _ZNSaIcEC1Ev

Use of uninitialized value $ENV{“REQUEST_METHOD”} in string eq at ./serialrequestor.cgi line 110.
Can’t use an undefined value as a symbol reference at ./serialrequestor.cgi line 118.
-sh-4.1$[/code]

here is the binary…

[code]-sh-4.1$ ./SerialRequestor
Runtime Error
The application cannot continue because a needed file cannot be installed. /home/sb1520a/domains/api.nocturnalcodingmonkeys.com/cgi-bin/SR/SerialRequestor Libs/CubeSQLPlugin.so: undefined symbol: _ZNSaIcEC1Ev

Aborted
-sh-4.1$[/code]

I see this most often when the binary was uploaded in ASCII mode instead of BINARY. Filezilla is notorious for this.

I have only 2 suggestions:

1. are you using the beta cubesql plugin and did you try the latest released version? ( http://www.sqlabs.com/download/cubesql/beta/CubeSQLPlugin.zip )
  2. i still have the feeling that the owner of the process starter doesn’t have the apropriate rights or there are two places where the plugins can be stored. Pls. try this in a shell:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/sb1520a/domains/api.nocturnalcodingmonkeys.com/cgi-bin/SR/SerialRequestor Libs/
then start in the same shell the binary or cgi again.

using CyberDuck and If I use the same connection but upload a modified build that doesnt use cubeSQL plugin, it works like a champ.[quote=106702:@Andre Kuiper]are you using the beta cubesql plugin and did you try the latest released version? ( http://www.sqlabs.com/download/cubesql/beta/CubeSQLPlugin.zip )[/quote]

lastest stable. not the beta.

I would agree with you but the .so has the same permissions as the other .so files.

[quote=106702:@Andre Kuiper]export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/sb1520a/domains/api.nocturnalcodingmonkeys.com/cgi-bin/SR/SerialRequestor Libs/
then start in the same shell the binary or cgi again[/quote]

I will do this shortly and get back to you.

and I have tried other things like ExpanDrive with a sftp connection and get the same results.

I should have added that suggestion too, but Philip is an expert and i’m just a hobbyist!

[code]-sh-4.1$ ./serialrequestor.cgi
Runtime Error

Use of uninitialized value $ENV{“REQUEST_METHOD”} in string eq at ./serialrequestor.cgi line 110.
Can’t use an undefined value as a symbol reference at ./serialrequestor.cgi line 118.
-sh-4.1$
-sh-4.1$ ./SerialRequestor
Runtime Error

Aborted
-sh-4.1$[/code]

we are all experts at some things and hobbyist at others. I am not an expert with cgi-bin apps as we all can see.