Anyone annoyed by inability to edit control events by doubleclick if text is present in FILTER area?

Anyone annoyed by inability to edit control events by doubleclick if text is present in FILTER area?

<https://xojo.com/issue/44181>

Steps: when one has us the search filter to locate a window in order to edit it - and then - after clicking on the window - one wants to view or edit the code inside - for example a button or other control with events set up for it - currently double-clicking will not display the default event - UNLESS one has first removed the text from the filter.

I find this highly annoying. One should be able to double-click on a control with - for example Action or Open code in it - regardless of whether there is text in the FILTER area.

This is one of the most annoying user interface aspects of the current IDE.

This may of course be regarded as a “feature request” rather than a bug.

But it sure as hell bugs me !

Expected Result:
editor displays script editor for the control which was double-clicked on

Actual Result:
nothing.

Workarounds:
first delete the filter text in the FILTER box then double-click again

That’s kind of a goofy work-around because you can just click on the event you want in the Navigator instead of changing values on the other side of the IDE just to double click again.

Since I do a right-click and select “Show in New Tab” for almost everything this is never an issue.

This is yet another example of “why I hate the navigator”.