Anybody has tried Lima?

Lima: https://meetlima.com/index.php?lang=en
It is a device to create a cloud, I was looking at it in order to replace DropBox but before purchasing I am just asking whether somebody already tried it.

stan

[quote=290811:@Stanley Roche Busk]Lima: https://meetlima.com/index.php?lang=en
It is a device to create a cloud, I was looking at it in order to replace DropBox but before purchasing I am just asking whether somebody already tried it.

stan[/quote]
Hi Stan, I read about it and subscribed myself on it. I am not a real fan of clouds where you store your data in, because clouds do not excist, it is simply someone else his storage device.
Lima looks very good to me, says that it is a kinf of cloud, but completely under your control and the storage device is just a huge device in your own house. As soon as I have experienced this new technology I will respond further on it.

Rob

Read the comments on kickstarter.

Lima Kickstarter comments

I use O-Drive (it is like a manager of cloud services). With O-Drive, it will mount/sync with Amazon, Dropbox, Box, (and a bunch of others). It doesn’t provide the cloud storage itself but manages/sync with them all. I am currently using it with Amazon storage and Dropbox and works amazingly well. I am about to add Box.com (work) account to it.

it works well with anything that has an API to use.

good luck!

I have tried Lima and Transporter, both we the same idea: you have your private cloud at home. The negative side is that you depend on your bandwidth, so based on the type of connection you have, whenever you want to access your data while you are away from home, it takes a while.

Then I have tried Owncloud and Pydio, your private cloud in your own server. Down side: the updates. Every time there was a new version something was not working.

Finally I have found Spideroak: it is just like Dropbox, but data is encrypted and they cannot access it. No matter what. I found it is the best solution for me, so that does not mean it is the best for everyone.

i simply have a seagate (apple tv sized) drive. It handles up to 3TB is an easy product.
Has it’s own dropbox like sync application and can be used with Xojo folderitems.