Any workarounds for using Xojo Slack Library in Web App?

I’ve been playing with the Slack library developed by Paul. See GitHub - xojo/slack: A Xojo programming library for communicating with Slack.

It is really cool but does not work with Xojo Web apps.

I would like to send Slack messages from a Web App. I thought of launching a helper app, but that seems a little cumbersome and I’m not sure if a Desktop helper app would cause problems since it would need a logged in user. The only quick solution I can think of is to have the Web app post the messages to a database and then have a Desktop app running somewhere else monitor the database and send the messages to Slack.

Ideally, I would like the Web app to talk directly to slack. I’m assuming Paul used the new framework HTTP socket for a reason. Is it possible to re-write the library with the old HTTP socket? Anyone have a better idea?

I didn’t try using the classic HTTPSocket, so I don’t know if it works with Slack. It ought to be pretty easy to test that.

You might also look into the GlueKit open-source project to see if it might help with using the classic HTTPSocket.