Any new system requirements for 2014 R2?

Hello. I see the new release 2 is available. I wanted to find out first from the community before I find out from my customers. It seems with some of the previous releases, there are changes in the requirements, specifically later versions of Mac are only compatible. Could you please let me know if 2014 release 2 has any new system requirements we should know about? Is it still Win XP and later and Mac 10.7 and later?

The Systems Requirements doc doesn’t show anything different I can see
http://documentation.xojo.com/index.php/System_requirements

XP SP3 - instead of SP 2
There was some additional clarification in March 2014

The rest of the changes in whats required have been mostly in clarifying Linux requirements for Desktop vs Console/Web apps.

OS X still requires 10.7 or newer for Carbon or Cocoa apps

That’s what I needed to hear. Thanks Norman!

I also read the blog post about the end of Carbon support with the next release. I think by default, all of my apps are Carbon (default choice when starting a new app with older versions of Xojo/RB). Am I to assume this will be an easy task on my part when deploying and should have no major impact on the workings of the apps on Mac machines?

[quote=111743:@Ryan Hartz]That’s what I needed to hear. Thanks Norman!

I also read the blog post about the end of Carbon support with the next release. I think by default, all of my apps are Carbon (default choice when starting a new app with older versions of Xojo/RB). Am I to assume this will be an easy task on my part when deploying and should have no major impact on the workings of the apps on Mac machines?[/quote]

There definitely are some gotchas.
The best thing you can do is recompile your apps as Cocoa & test the heck out of them.
Depending on what version of Xojo you’re moving up from there may be more/less changes.

Real Studio defaulted OS X apps to Carbon.
Xojo has always defaulted OS X apps to Cocoa.

Yep, I’m discovering that now Paul, thanks. It turns out I’ve just been building off of heritage RB apps, but the newer ones are Cocoa. I have some work ahead of me but happy I read that article to begin thinking ahead.