[Announcement] Offline Xojo Docset for Dash (Mac-only)

Figured it out. Looks like there are duplicate entries in the database. Multiple ListBox and Listbox entries. Weird. I’ll fix it tomorrow.

ah yes you may find that the DB has several entries that point to one html page
we have a zillion redirects in the wiki as it IS case sensitive

Thank you! I am just getting into Xojo and was about to make a docset myself! Thanks!

Looks great but requires 10.7 :frowning: Guess I’ll be sticking with the LR for a while longer as I cling to 10.6.8 as long as possible.

Ah just wait til R2 comes out. I think you’ll like it.
I hated having to give up 10.6.8 to get a new MBP and am still getting used to all the things Apples decided I don’t need or don’t need access to on 10.8

I got NilObjectException with today application.

Also, even if I cannot affirm that, I think that the shared application is Carbon, not Cocoa.

This:
dash-feed://http%3A%2F%2Fgarrypettet.com%2Fdash-docsets%2FXojo.xml

works fine. But, I suspect that I do not read the data from the previously REALStudioWDB locally stored file (the one installed with Xojo 1.0).

Am I right ?

Also, how many times Dash will run ‘free of charge’ ?

With the Dash application? Is it a Nilobject exception or a file not found? If it’s a file not found - which one was it?[quote=19429:@Emile Schwarz]Also, even if I cannot affirm that, I think that the shared application is Carbon, not Cocoa.[/quote]
I have no idea if Dash is Cocoa or Carbon (I didn’t write it).

I don’t know how long the trial is either I’m afraid. I think its indefinite with a nag screen.

I can confirm that.
Dash keeps working, but sometimes you get a nag screen, or you have to wait for an amount of seconds before you can continue.
I had it working on my Mac for some time and it kept working all the time.
Yesterday I bought Dash after Garry added the Offline Docset
You can buy it from within the free version of Dash.
Dash is now $7.99/€ 6,99 for a limited time (- 60%).

Fixed now. Quit and relaunch Dash and it should automatically update the docset and remove those pesky duplicates.

I really wish you could edit posts on this forum…

I’ve updated Dasho (to fix the duplicate bug). It can be grabbed from here but the best place to get an up-to-date link is likely to be on my blog post (since I can’t edit these posts with new links).

Perfect. Thank you so much. I feel like I finally have glasses on when using the docs.

Dang it.

Our corporate proxy forces a captcha before accessing some pages. This feed is one of them. Dash doesn’t understand the captcha screen so it fails.

I’ll have to try later from an internet connection.

[quote=19661:@Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira]Dang it.

Our corporate proxy forces a captcha before accessing some pages. This feed is one of them. Dash doesn’t understand the captcha screen so it fails.

I’ll have to try later from an internet connection.[/quote]
The link to the actual docset will always be here (it’s where the XML file points to). Just download it, untar it and then manually add it to Dash through the ‘Docsets’ panel of the Preferences window.

Oh. Cool. Thanks so much.

I’ve been speaking with the creators of Dash about adding Xojo to their list of supported docsets. They say that they normally add docsets once 10 people have asked for them (they’ve had 4 ask for Xojo in the past).

Could anyone who finds this docset useful whizz an email to the Dash creator just saying that you would like him to support it? It would be really helpful because he will then add some Xojo-specific entry types to Dash (e.g. Shared Methods, Literal data types, etc).

Thanks

Done!

Nice job Garry.

Garry, since Dash keep syntax highliters for snippets into .plist file, it would be useful to create one for Xojo (perhaps starting from the VB.plist) and submit it to the Dash developer for inclusion.

and… Done!