IDE Communicator is the best thing since sliced bread was invented. But my script to build my apps was growing and growing. Each time I made an error I had to hand count the line numbers in the script. Therefore, I added the CustomEditField to the IDE Communicator Tester. Now I have nice line numbers like this:
There is also a weird red line. But as I only use the project internally I didn’t bother to fix the problem. The example is available at https://www.mothsoftware.com/content/xojo/xojo.php . The example loads the IDE script from a file. I did no saving back to the file so that I don’t accidentally change the script.