AMP WEB APP?

What’s the difference with a AMP WEB APP and a Xojo cloud app?

I read about Google’s AMP web apps. But don’t really see the distinction from a responsive app written in Xojo. So I’d kinda like to know the difference from a marketing point. That is, when a client comes in asking for a AMP WEB APP, is Google going to discount their site as NOT an AMP page/site if I develop a Xojo cloud app?

Looking for your opinions.

Thanks Eric

Are you referring to the AMP framework? if so, then everything is different. The AMP framework is an HTML framework to build applications and web sites. Xojo Cloud is a host with protocols and services to make it easy to host your Xojo web applications. (you will find a much better description of Xojo Cloud on the Xojo web site.)

Then again there is LAMP: Linux-Apache-mySQL-PHP. That too is an entirely different thing.

For what it is worth, when customers ask me for a solution, I teach them to talk about their needs, requirements and constraints instead. Talking in terms of solutions with the customer inevitably leads to dead ends and very detestable “you are the expert, you should have told us” kind of conversations.
Edit: in adition, letting the customer dictate solutions reduces you to the role of mere coder, where most people here are analysts. Again, you define the solutions for the customer needs and requirements.

Yes - AMP framework.

Since Xojo webapps generate the HTML, I assume that Google would see them as the same.
Do you agree?

Xojo generates javascript. But the proof is in the pudding. You could try to integrate a Xojo Web Application with AMP. I suspect that it will not be easy at all.

[quote=476712:@Eric Bolt]Yes - AMP framework.

Since Xojo webapps generate the HTML, I assume that Google would see them as the same.
Do you agree?[/quote]
Unlikely. If you look at the AMP docs, there are clearly defined tags and attributes that you would need to use to become AMP compliant. Now… you could probably do this with Xojo, but you would be writing a lot of ExecuteJavascript calls or making WebSDK controls.