Alpha Layer in Desktop

Hi,
When I add an image well containing a png over another image well, I get alpha layer transparent in web app, but white background in desktop.
How do I get transparent in desktop?
Thanks.

did you set pic.transparent=1?

Never use the transparent property on a graphic that has it’s own transparency layer.

On the Desktop, ImageWell is a bordered & recessed area, Canvas is fully transparent. Kind of. Canvas can reliably be transparent on Cocoa (and I believe Linux) but should almost never be transparent on Windows. Windows should use “fake” transparency, such as filling the background with the window background.

So I guess my question is, what are you trying to do? With a little more details, I’d be happy to provide you with some more specific instructions.

As Thom alluded, don’t use the image well control. The canvas is much more full featured.

The ImageWell has it’s purpose, but it sounds like you may be using the wrong tool for the job. You can always create a new image and merge the two images together before setting to the image well. On OS X, you can remove the border so it simply displays the image.