Aloe XWS multiple errors on complile raw sample

Hello all.

I am trying Aloe XWS 2019 R1 using Xojo 2019 R1.1. From the sample provided, when I try to run it, I get multiple errors such as

Request.PathComponents.Count

Where .count is not a member. The closest I can figure is that Count should be replaced with Ubound - but before spending a bunch of time, I thought I would ask to be sure I was not missing something else!

Would appreciate any feedback,
Tim

You probably need to ask @Tim Dietrich

It appears as though that project got some code using API 2.0, and since 2019 R1.1 doesn’t include it, you are getting errors; you can manually fix it by changing the erroneous references of .Count to .Ubound, .ToString to .ToText and .Length to .Len or you can add a module of extension methods that create these methods for you and you can delete when upgrading to a later version of Xojo.

Count is not the same as Ubound !

there should be a downloadable 2019 r1.1 XWS project available. If that’s not there it’s best to ask Tim as norman said.

[quote=472717:@Derk Jochems]Count is not the same as Ubound !

there should be a downloadable 2019 r1.1 XWS project available. If that’s not there it’s best to ask Tim as norman said.[/quote]

I just downloaded the 2019R1 XWS project version to check and it has those references to API 2.0. Probably a mistake but one that is easy to fix.

I thought so everyone, but wanted to be sure.
On a separate note, looks like upgrading to the latest Xojo is going to be a bit of a PIA. I think I will wait for a little while.

Thanks for your replies everyone!
Tim

It should also be noted that while Aloe XWS uses API 2.0, you can still consider Aloe Express which @Tim Dietrich archived on GitHub as mentioned here and the GitHub repository is here . It does not use API 2.0 and can be used in Xojo 2019R1.1 without compile errors.

It all depends on what you want to do, and if you need/want the features in XWS vs Aloe Express.