All events grayed out

I’m working in osX with 214 release 1.
I add a bevel button to the form and right click on it and click “Add to BevelButton1”. I see a list of events, but they are all grayed out. I need an action event but can’t get one.

Can you screenshot this? I’m rather curious now

What you are seeing is not a list of "events’, but a list of attributes, most of which don’t pertain to the current state/status of the control. You SHOULD see a non-gray entry towards the middle [EVENT HANDLER] which will open another dialog with the available events that can be added to this control. This same function is available via the [+] button in the small toolbar at the top of the screen.

I had this a few times as well. A restart of Xojo fixed it for me.

Same here, saw this repeatedly. If I remember right, then sometimes I could resolve it by collapsing/expanding the controls in the content pane. And then sometimes only a Xojo restart brought things back to “courrant normale”.

[quote=93783:@Charles Herndon]I’m working in osX with 214 release 1.
I add a bevel button to the form and right click on it and click “Add to BevelButton1”. I see a list of events, but they are all grayed out. I need an action event but can’t get one.[/quote]
Good news - this is/was a long standing bug which was marked as Fixed in Feedback a few days ago. It was one of Norman’s all-time favorite bugs :wink: Note that ‘Fixed’ means that it should appear in an upcoming release but there’s no public schedule.

See <https://xojo.com/issue/26713>

There are some good IDE fixes coming with next release :slight_smile:

If you run into this, sometimes simply saving the project will clear it up.

Saving the project seems to fix the problem. Thanks.
I tried making a screenshot in Preview, but couldn’t trigger the screen shot while holding the mouse down to show the grayed out events menu. I can make it happen most of the time. Saving the project always seems to fix it.