All emails from Xojo are considered Spam by Gmail?!

GMail considers all Mails I receive from xojo.com as Spam.

I have created a filter to prevent this, but I wonder: Is it just me or is the same happening to others as well?

i don’t have any problem with gmail

The newsletters are getting through just fine, but I’d guess about 90% of the NUG emails go into Spam. One of these days I’ll remember to create a filter. :slight_smile:

Try just marking them as Not Spam. We investigated this, and the answer from google was that someone HAD marked email from us as Spam, so now everything is. The more people that mark it as NOT spam, the better chance we have of getting off their list.

I’m not surprised - I’ve been told by many a customer that all e-mails from our company Ohanaware are flagged as spam by Google. I thought it was because I publicly spoke out against Google. They know, that I know, that they know that I hate Google!

[quote=28195:@Thomas Tempelmann]GMail considers all Mails I receive from xojo.com as Spam.

I have created a filter to prevent this, but I wonder: Is it just me or is the same happening to others as well?[/quote]

That is funny, when Xojo emails goes through google’s own mail server

See link: http://www.senderbase.org/lookup?search_string=xojo.com

Well I’ve just found a whole lot of stuff that was in the spam folder on Gmail (I use Google Apps) and marked it as not spam. It wasn’t all email though, just the Feedback updates. I don’t get nug emails so can’t comment there.

lol - doesn’t surprise me! Now just try to get Google to take down a link to a cracked version of your application, I’ve given up waiting for any kind of response. Microsoft on the other hand, removed the links within two working days and confirmed it with me.

[quote][That is funny, when Xojo emails goes through google’s own mail server/quote]

Not exactly. We use Google for our corporate email, but we use other servers for sending forum, feedback, newsletters, etc.