Again with the Resources..

I really need a way to internalize my external resources.
I have my project clouded and dragged and dropped some resources from the desktop into the project.
(Just a text file).
There was the usual short-cut arrow beside the icon for the text file in my xojo project, indicating to me that this was a pointer to an object outside the project.
I tried to right click on it and make it internal but there was no way.

There are many times I want my resources to be part of the final build and internal to the project

1. If I move development environment and open the project (say from the cloud) that resource also has to be moved to the cloud of things get very confusing.

2. When I deploy my application I sometimes use shell applications and I want a path to those applications and I want them to exist where the application was deployed.

I can go on but maybe Xojo will implement this?

What is the name of the text file, including the extension? (try changing it to .zzt or another unused extension)
What file format are you saving in? Is it the binary file format?

[quote=187074:@Brian O’Brien]I really need a way to internalize my external resources.
I have my project clouded and dragged and dropped some resources from the desktop into the project.
(Just a text file).
There was the usual short-cut arrow beside the icon for the text file in my xojo project, indicating to me that this was a pointer to an object outside the project.
I tried to right click on it and make it internal but there was no way.

There are many times I want my resources to be part of the final build and internal to the project

1. If I move development environment and open the project (say from the cloud) that resource also has to be moved to the cloud of things get very confusing.

2. When I deploy my application I sometimes use shell applications and I want a path to those applications and I want them to exist where the application was deployed.

I can go on but maybe Xojo will implement this?[/quote]
If it is a text file copy and paste it into a Constant within your project. It will then reside inside the project.

It’s a(n) html file … Which is just a text file.
but it’s just one instance of the issue I’m trying to raise.

[quote=187257:@Brian O’Brien]It’s a(n) html file … Which is just a text file.
but it’s just one instance of the issue I’m trying to raise.[/quote]

I suppose you are talking about a PC application, since by definition Mac apps are in fact a folder containing the resources.

Resources have been made external in the Resources folder quite recently. Unless I am mistaken, 2015R2. So basically all you got to do to internalize the files dragged into the project, is to use 2015R1 and before.

It will still appear as a shortcut in the navigator, but upon build, it will be made part of the exe.