Adding event handlers to objects

I have a question about the best way to add event handlers to objects. As far as I can tell, you have to add each individual handle to each individual object every single time. That’s a lot of clicking and I feel I must be missing something obvious. What is the best way to get this done quickly?

I’ve not been using RB for about 2 1/2 years, but now have some projects I’d like to get done that can help me in my main job. So, I’m really unfamiliar with the new IDE.

You can add multiple events to an object at once. Highlight more than one before you click OK.

That’s good, but do I still need to do that for every single object?

Say I’m adding five buttons, I need to individually add action events for all of them? For every listbox I add, if I plan to use change, I need to manually add it in each time? What if I subclass a listbox, can I make a class that automatically includes the events I need?

What I tend to do when building a UI is that when I know I need multiple of some object, create the first one, add then add then events and properties that are common to all of them. Only then duplicate the control as many times as needed.

Otherwise, yes, you’ll have to add the events to each one.

BTW, there are a variety of Feedback reports you can sign on to you voice your displeasure at this.

[quote=184463:@Bob Keeney]What I tend to do when building a UI is that when I know I need multiple of some object, create the first one, add then add then events and properties that are common to all of them. Only then duplicate the control as many times as needed.

Otherwise, yes, you’ll have to add the events to each one.

BTW, there are a variety of Feedback reports you can sign on to you voice your displeasure at this.[/quote]

Well, I had been following the complaints about the IDE, but didn’t really give it much though apart from the fact I miss the old tabbed system. Now that I’ve tried Xojo, I think I’ll just stick with RS 12.1r2 for now.

Meanwhile, I’ll checkout Feedback. It’s not even that I’m worried about losing out on Xojo, I just expect some plugins will advance that will require me to make the jump eventually. Maybe iOS someday, too.